5A #9 Owensboro vs. 2A #6 Owensboro Catholic Predictions/Updates

Ram

Who wins?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Owensboro
    • Owensboro Catholic

This will be a terrific game! Both teams will be up for it as it is a rivalry game within the City of Owensboro.

The Red Devils just couldn't get it done last Friday, but the Evansville Central defense is likely quite a bit better than the OCath defense, but I'd say the OCath offense is better than the Central offense. So I cancel those out and say instead of a low scoring barnburner, it will be a high scoring one. Want to think on it some more before my prediction.

OCath has the advantage at QB. Hartz is the Senior and been here before. Sophomore Gavin Wimsatt is a very talented young player but mistakes in this game will likley be the difference.

With the key injuries to the devils, I think OCath has a good shot at winning this game. Its a close call on this one and I think a turnover here or there in the second half may make the difference. I give the edge to the senior QB Hartz.

Interesting matchup here.

Catholic is coming off a tough game against Daviess County where they didn't play their best football but still won by 3 TD's, even with giving Daviess County starting scoring drives on their own 5 and 1 yard lines.

OHS comes off a tough loss to Evansville Central where it sounded like they had opportunities to win this game a few times.

I think OHS is looking for some revenge from last year, but I am going to take Owensboro Catholic 28-24. If Owsley and Gough were playing, I would probably give OHS a 2 TD advantage but they aren't. Should be a great atmosphere at Rash Stadium on Friday.