Bow Season Coming Soon

KYSportster

Well, the first weekend has come and gone. Seems that my shooters have moved off of corn, and are on acorns. Not surprising. Now just trying to figure which oak tree, out of the literally hundreds on this 288 acres to set up on.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a few good pictures of a nice 14pt buck with 5 drop tines the middle of last week. Unfortunately, that's the only day he's shown up. I really wanted a crack at him over the weekend. I tried uploading pictures for you guys but the file size from my phone is too large.

Got a few good pictures of a nice 14pt buck with 5 drop tines the middle of last week. Unfortunately, that's the only day he's shown up. I really wanted a crack at him over the weekend. I tried uploading pictures for you guys but the file size from my phone is too large.

I’ve had that same problem with my pictures. I’ve had luck by cropping the pictures, then take a screen shot of the cropped picture.

The has worked for me.

[ATTACH]68987[/ATTACH]

Hopefully I can catch him in the right place at the right time.

WOW........

That’s a deer of a lifetime.

I think I’d be looking for some big oak trees full of acorns somewhere close.

Good luck, I’m cheering for you.

WOW........

Thanks man. It's just hard to find time to get out and scout the area. He's only showed up once but he hung around from 10pm-2am. The problem is that I work 3rd shift 6-7 days a week and hunt 45 mins from my house. Good thing is I'm the only one to hunt there in 2-3 years and there is a stand already up on an oak tree from the previous land owner.

WOW........

Thanks man. It's just hard to find time to get out and scout the area. He's only showed up once but he hung around from 10pm-2am. The problem is that I work 3rd shift 6-7 days a week and hunt 45 mins from my house. Good thing is I'm the only one to hunt there in 2-3 years and there is a stand already up on an oak tree from the previous land owner. He's standing about 17.5 yards from the stand in that picture.

• 3 weeks later...

82F6A083-82D8-48A2-A58F-52C81C517E8F.jpeg

I killed this doe this past weekend. It was a stressful track job to say the least.

I found bubbles in the blood, so I gave her 30 minutes. I wasn’t wanting to leave her long because of the heat. Long story short, it took me 4 hours to find her. I jumped her once actually, so I’m glad to have found her. She was down in the creek, actually ran just about all the way to my truck, so that was dumb luck.

It was my second deer on public land.