June Buchannon/Lincoln Scrimmage

This game was a barnburner, but Lincoln came away with the victory although seniors Braxston Miller, and Trent Calhoun were not in action. This team has looked very impressive this preseason with wins over Madison Central and June Buchannon. Any thoughts on where this team may finish in District and Region play?:confused:

Lincoln actually beat Madison Southern not Central, they did however beat Madison Central last summer.

Sophomore Ethan Spurlin had a big game tonight adding to what is already a team with 6 players who could all be the leading scorer on any given night. Spurlin is actually the tallest of the first 7 players that will see considerable time. Lincoln is shaping up to be a team full of guards and small forwards. Here are the first 7's names, class and sizes:

Trent Calhoun Sr. 5'-10"

Braxton Miller Sr. 5'-10"

Chase Overstreet Sr. 6'-0"

Ryan Young Jr. 6'-1"

Daniel Ralston Jr. 6'-0"

Noah Keeton Jr. 6'-2"

Ethan Spurlin So. 6'-3"

As you can see not much size, but any of the first 7 could be your leading scorer on any given night, with 5 legitimate 3 point threats and 3 kids as athletic as any in the 12th Region, Lincoln is looking to make a serious run at the 12th region crown this year.

Time to stop the talking and back it up.

Watching Lincoln Co. play June Buc. last night at Rupp. They seem like a good team with all the tools except, size. and I hear they were without 2 really good players. I thought they counted on to much 3 pt. shooting and quick shots , rather than attacking the basket and running. When you live by the 3 , you will soon die by the 3.

How did JBS look? I know they are one of the favorites to win the 14th this year.

I was impressed with JBS. Stepp is for real and Tate Cox is an excellent player. I'm not that familiar with the 14th but it will take a quality team to beat them.

How did JBS look? I know they are one of the favorites to win the 14th this year.

Too much one-on-one basketball against Lincoln County. I can see them advancing out of the 14th Region, but only if they begin to play more of a team-oriented game.