MLB Interesting Injuries

I feel like baseball players always get hurt in the weirdest ways compared to other sports.

I just saw where the Rays placed Blake Snell (reigning AL Cy Young) on the injured list with a broken toe because he fractured his toe when he got out of the shower and then attempted to move a large granite bathroom stand. :eyeonyou:

I remember when Sammy Sosa missed a month in the early 2000's for "violently sneezing" and threw out his back.

What is your favorite MLB injury story?

This is one of the more legendary stories of baseball players getting hurt outside of the ballpark. Back in 1990, outfielder Glenallen Hill awakened on his couch in a daze, not knowing where he had sustained some nasty cuts and bruises on his arms and legs. He had been taking a nap, and in the midst of his dreams had a nightmare about being chased by spiders. Hill, an arachnophobe, ran across the room in his sleep, bumped into a wall, and fell through a glass table. The incident happened in July and caused him to be placed on the disabled list.

Back in 2002, Orioles outfielder Marty Cordova had to sit out a few games with an embarrassing issue. It’s hard to even call it an injury… After falling asleep in a tanning bed, Cordova was so sunburnt that doctors advised him to sit out some games and stay away from direct sunlight. He was able to return to the field within a week’s time, making the whole thing a rather minor issue in an otherwise forgettable baseball season in Baltimore. But he still gets to be immortalized on the list of non-baseball related injuries.