Scott County vs Henry Clay (11th Region Finals)

Who wins?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Clay is playing better as a team right now. They figured out the recipe to beat SC. Moreno has their rhythm off a bit. It would take sc being blazing hot from 3 to win. I got clay winning and is also my early pick to win next week.

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 13

My thoughts:

1. With the bigger court, SC pressure/run and jump style is not as effective as if they were on a high school court.

2. HC is playing well lately which includes a win over SC in the district tournament.

3. Moreno is not 100% and it almost appears that he is slowing them down as they are trying to get him involved more.

I like Henry Clay in this one again tonight. Either way, which ever team advances to state, it will be a great 1st round match-up with the 9th region. Best of luck to both team.

My thoughts:

1. With the bigger court, SC pressure/run and jump style is not as effective as if they were on a high school court.

2. HC is playing well lately which includes a win over SC in the district tournament.

3. Moreno is not 100% and it almost appears that he is slowing them down as they are trying to get him involved more.

I like Henry Clay in this one again tonight. Either way, which ever team advances to state, it will be a great 1st round match-up with the 9th region. Best of luck to both team.

Nice post!

I agree with #1. Henry Clay plays small and has some great ball handlers, so the pressure that Scott County usually applies will not affect them as much.

#2. is true. Unless the Blue Devils have a poor shooting night, they should be right there in this one.

#3. it is kinda sad that this Scott County team has been one of the state's top teams for three or four years now, and the Moreno kid gets hurt midway through his senior year. He is NOT back 100%, is rusty, and seems to have a lot of trouble elevating off the floor. It is understandable.

I will be rooting for Henry Clay and I think the Devils can win this one. They do need a good game from star junior guard, Marquez Warrick. Billy Hicks has done a nice job in all three meetings of these teams this year in shutting "Quez" down. Smart....he the one who drives the Henry Clay team.

Henry Clay needs efficient games from seniors #4 Keaston Brown and #32 Harris Hawkins and hopefully, #5 Ramon Jackson can match is outstanding performance versus Scott County in the district final victory. Jackson MUST stay out of foul trouble.

Go Devils!