Bowling Green 57 Warren Central 49 (14th District Finals)

It was a good game, but I thought it was apparent that the short rest for Central took its toll late. They led only once in the second half, at 44-43, but Bowling Green responded with a 7-0 run that they never let get closer than 3 the rest of the way.

Bowling Green had two things that were a bit off, one in each direction. They were 7 of 14 from three, which is uncommonly good for them this year against Central. The first matchup, they went 1/10 from three. The second game, they went 1/12 from three. Conner Cooper alone exceeded that combined total in the first quarter for Bowling Green. Making five more threes than the first two games combined on 8 less shots, that's a difference maker for the offense. Now, on the flip side, Isaiah Mason was MIA tonight. He had 11 and 18 in the first two games. Tonight, I believe he had two. He is extremely likely to do better if there is a rematch. I think he'll improve, and the threes will regress. And then we'll find out where things stand.

Central's Dre Boyd has to develop a jump shot. He was left open beyond the arc all night and he never looked to shoot. He is obviously an elite athlete but is seriously lacking in the mid/long range game. If he develops this skill over the coming months there might not be anyone who could guard him in the 14th.

Central's Dre Boyd has to develop a jump shot. He was left open beyond the arc all night and he never looked to shoot. He is obviously an elite athlete but is seriously lacking in the mid/long range game. If he develops this skill over the coming months there might not be anyone who could guard him in the 14th.

He has it, but I feel like his confidence in it has been a bit shaken. No one on Central shot particularly well at Warren East. Same thing happened to them there five years ago in district, and often, they don't shoot the best even when playing East there. They played Bowling Green, Greenwood, and Warren East there in the last three weeks. Their best perimeter shooting in the three games was 25%.