Harrison County 70 Campbell County 49

Here are some great stats and why you can’t just go by stats without also looking at who they played. These are for arguably the best five players in the 10 Region. It is very clear from this which players are playing Top Competition and this is just to this point. GRC is playing in the LIT and still has Male on their schedule. Scott still has Sacred Heart left to play. Again to be considered one of the best you have to play against the other best in the State.

Mya Meredeth

Top 25 Nationally Played: 0

Top 5 Ky Played: 2

Top 10 Ky Played:3

Top 25 Ky/Nationally Played: 9

Average Against Top Teams: 22ppg

Hayley Harrison

Top 25 Nationally Played: 1

Top 5 Ky Played: 1

Top 10 Ky Played: 3

Average Against Top Teams: 17ppg

Kennedy Igo

Top 5 Ky Played:1

Top 25 Ky/Nationally Played: 7

Average Against Top Teams: 16ppg

Summer Secrist

Average Against Top Teams: 13ppg

Madison Kellione

Top 5 Ky Played: 0

Top 10 Ky Played:0

Top 25 Ky/Nationally Played: 1

Average Against Top Teams: 14ppg

Madison has only played against one Top 25 team, Mercer who are 25th.

*Rankings are from the latest Dave Cantrall’s Rating

Edited by Wiley-KY

Here are some great stats and why you can’t just go by stats without also looking at who they played. These are for arguably the best four players in the 10 Region. It is very clear from this which players are playing Top Competition and this is just to this point. GRC is playing in the LIT and still has Male on their schedule. Scott still has Sacred Heart left to play. Again to be considered one of the best you have to play against the other best in the State.

Mya Meredeth

Average Against Top Teams: 22ppg

Hayley Harrison

Top 5 Ky Played: 1

Top 10 Ky Played: 3

Average Against Top Teams: 17ppg

Kennedy Igo

Top 5 Ky Played:1

Top 25 Ky/Nationally Played: 7

Average Against Top Teams: 16ppg

Summer Secrist

Average Against Top Teams: 13ppg

Madison Kellione

Top 5 Ky Played: 0

Top 10 Ky Played:0

Top 25 Ky/Nationally Played: 1

Average Against Top Teams: 14ppg

Madison has only played against one Top 25 team, Mercer who are 25th.

*Rankings are from the latest Dave Cantrall’s Rating

I could care less who wins the award. I will not lose any sleep either way. But all those stats do not matter either. It’s all politics.

As far as playing the best to be the best. Makes absolutely no sense. You have to beat the best to be the best!!! Me playing as a young baseball player against Derek Jeter in Little League does in no way shape or form make me the best baseball player.

And again I see one player on that still on the same team they started on.

I could care less who wins the award. I will not lose any sleep either way. But all those stats do not matter either. It’s all politics.

As far as playing the best to be the best. Makes absolutely no sense. You have to beat the best to be the best!!! Me playing as a young baseball player against Derek Jeter in Little League does in no way shape or form make me the best baseball player.

And again I see one player on that still on the same team they started on.

You have to keep the conversation in context it was intended which is Region POY. So when looking at stats and who’s the best You have to look at who’s played against the best. Some of these girls have shown they can still put up great numbers against really good teams and not just against bottom teams.

Not true you said the win meant nothing!! We play Scott tomorrow and we will see where we truly stand against the best team in the 10th Region.

Nope, go back and read...I said the Campbell Win was a good win. I just disagreed with the comment regarding how good Harrison County’s record is and that being an indication of How good they are this season.

I also said respect is earned and you have your chance tomorrow to do just that. Good luck tomorrow.

Not knocking anyone just saying some teams are not playing their best ball right now. Jan. 29th will be a good test for fans to look at. However, Harrison County has the potential 10th Region Player of the Year as well as the 10th Region leading rebounder. As well as three top shooters from behind the arc. Just saying don’t count this team as an easy win on the schedule.

Where is the game being played.

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes, name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, team, or school. Additionally this includes a pattern of posts that inflames or incites other posters (i.e. trolling or gaslighting). Also, keeping in mind the youth of our student athletes, excessive "bashing" of high school athletes is prohibited. Do not comment on the manner in which another member has posted, or any violations you find in their posts. Such public remarks will be considered a violation under this rule. No attempts at "threadjacking", or deliberately steering the discussion off topic, are permitted on BGP. Topics may evolve through gradual discourse and conversation within a thread, but posts intended to veer thread discussions off course or to intentionally bring non-pertinent information into a thread are subject to removal. If you feel that a specific post violates our rules, please report it using the "Report Post" feature - the triangular “!” icon located in the bottom left-hand side of every post.