December 29, 20187 yr The Norse lead by 21 at half and cruised to their first conference victory. Heard they had 16 turnovers though. Gotta clean that up. Went 25/29 from the stripe, which they've struggled as of late. They got UIC at home on Sunday. UIC upset Wright State on the road last night in OT. Could be a tough one.
December 29, 20187 yr Another fun game. Scary moment when Sharpe had to leave the floor with blood pouring from his head late in the 1st half. Glad to see him come back out in the 2nd. I’d heard a lot about Cameron Justice and was excited to watch him play, and I have to say I left completely underwhelmed. Dude was solid, but honestly give me Sharpe every day of the week over him. I love Coach Brannen, but I will never understand his insistence on subbing out his entire starting five at once to start games. Seems the starters come out of the gate strong, build a lead and then he makes his mass substitution and the other team is right back in it. Chris Vogt....man it’s getting harder to watch him by the game. Kid appears to have zero confidence and can’t play more than a minute without fouling. I’d like to see more of what Adheke can give. Really nice contributions from Adrian Nelson off the bench, really like the potential in his game from the little we’ve seen of him this season.
December 29, 20187 yr Another fun game. Scary moment when Sharpe had to leave the floor with blood pouring from his head late in the 1st half. Glad to see him come back out in the 2nd. I’d heard a lot about Cameron Justice and was excited to watch him play, and I have to say I left completely underwhelmed. Dude was solid, but honestly give me Sharpe every day of the week over him. I love Coach Brannen, but I will never understand his insistence on subbing out his entire starting five at once to start games. Seems the starters come out of the gate strong, build a lead and then he makes his mass substitution and the other team is right back in it. Chris Vogt....man it’s getting harder to watch him by the game. Kid appears to have zero confidence and can’t play more than a minute without fouling. I’d like to see more of what Adheke can give. Really nice contributions from Adrian Nelson off the bench, really like the potential in his game from the little we’ve seen of him this season. Totally agree on Justice vs. Sharpe and also on Coach B. I don't like having Robinson, Walton, and McDonald on the bench at the same time. They have enough scoring to go around but with Djoko, Tate, Nelson, and Vogt on the floor with Sharpe, they have little scoring and no outside shooting besides Sharpe. Love the contributions from Nelson and Faulkner is getting better and better. They had great balance with 7 players scoring 8 or more. Turnovers were an issue and is about the only thing that you can criticize McDonald for at this point. However, the majority are from attacking (charges) and overpassing--it's not as if it is pressure defense or a specific defense, mostly their own doing--so I can live with it if is produces 92 points. Right now, looking around the conference, NKU has to be the favorite and it might not be close unless someone else starts to play much better than they have to this point.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.