2019 Class 5A Teams - Kentucky High School Football

I see South Oldham having another good season in 2019. They have a lot returning on both offense and defense to make another run. Offense will have 4 yr starter Keaton Martin returning at FB and he is the engine that makes this offense go. QB Anthony Pierce returns along with WB JT Benson and WR Ethan Bednarczyk. I see WB Ethan Snider filling in as the second WB slot and keeping that offense going. Along the line TE Will Darragh returns as well as C Garrett Chester and G Zac Dudek. Jacob Shunnarah, Ethan Hibbard, and Elijah Lalli are capable of filling in next season.

The 2018 defense had a pretty good season and in 2019 you get DE Luke Clark, DE Richard Thompson and DT Joey Sprake back along with all four DB's in CB's Trey Garrison and Isaac Lalli and safeties JT Benson and John Downing. All three LB's graduate but look for Austin Covington and Chandler Muth to be ready to step in as they got significant time this past season. Would also not be surprised to see with Downing or Benson move to OLB as South has some good DB's ready to take their place.

With the experience gained these past four years with four straight Regional Finals and two Semi-Finals the Dragons have a great thing going, unlike at any time in school history. Can only hope they can break through for their first State Finals!

Who steps up at RB for the Colonels this year? To me that is THE question mark for the Colonels this year. Don’t remember anybody else running the ball last year when it mattered.

Felix came in several times when Casey was either dinged up, or just needed a blow. In my opinion he could have started at most other NKY schools this season -he just happened to be behind Casey. Very powerful kid, so the running game will have a different look. It also would not surprise me if the sophomore to be Jadon Stava gets some serious PT. He is a special talent.

I think you will see more of a passing CCH next year. Jacob has 15 games under his belt now, and besides Mayer he will have 2 6’4/6’5ish receivers to throw to AGAIN.