Central Hardin Job Opens

CharlieWeis

The Article from News Enterprise in Elizabethtown:

PREP FOOTBALL: Central Hardin's Bauer resigns

By CHUCK JONES

Friday, November 3, 2006 12:22 AM CST

CECILIA n Central Hardin High School football coach Chris Bauer has resigned after being at the helm of the program for the last five years.

Bauer, who has been with the program since 1992, compiled a 15-36 record in his tenure. Last season, he guided the Bruins to their first playoff appearance since 1999. Central Hardin lost in the first round to traditional power Louisville St. Xavier.

“I’ve been blessed to coach a lot of great young men,” Bauer said. “These young men are going to make great husbands and fathers. I’ve also been fortunate to work with a lot of good coaches. It was a hard decision to make. There may not be a bigger fan of Central Hardin football, but it was time.”

Bauer cited the players as one of the main reasons he decided to step down at this time.

“I want what’s best for the kids,” Bauer said. “I feel like the program is in a good spot. There are a lot of things in place for the next coach. The one thing I know is those young men are going to be successful.”

WE NEED A LINK TO THE REST OF THE STORY

This is a program with a lot of upside for a quality young coach coming in from the outside. It has one of the largest student populations in the state, in a growing area. I believe the program had underperformed its potential, but it could be a real gem if done properly.

Wow, that is surprising. This would be a good job....nice support, nice facilities, the only issue is competing for athletes with the likes of John Hardin & North Hardin. Nervertheless, I think it would be a great job for someone who has been an assistant somewhere looking to move up