Yeah, I have no idea about Beechwood. I just think with the sophmore QB coming in from the outside that there will be some learning on the go. Beechwood is a great team with a great history. I think they will be a team with some early bumps with a strong finish.

Plus yes, I think Breds will have some talent and a great HC.

My opinion is that this will Beechwoods best team over the last three years. They have 32 juniors and seniors, which is lot by 1a standards. They have two D1 commitments on the O/D lines, return 14 starters, including three o lineman that have started since their sophomore years and the offensive and defensive lines will be big for 1a. They also have Logan Castleman who has started since he was a freshman. Most likely they will start 9 seniors on offense and 9 or 10 on defense. That says a lot because they have a very talented junior class. It may take a while for the QB to settle in but they will be a run first team and will also be tough to run against. They will be breaking in some new corners so that will be important as well for them to be as good as they can be.

My opinion is that this will Beechwoods best team over the last three years. They have 32 juniors and seniors, which is lot by 1a standards. They have two D1 commitments on the O/D lines, return 14 starters, including three o lineman that have started since their sophomore years and the offensive and defensive lines will be big for 1a. They also have Logan Castleman who has started since he was a freshman. Most likely they will start 9 seniors on offense and 9 or 10 on defense. That says a lot because they have a very talented junior class. It may take a while for the QB to settle in but they will be a run first team and will also be tough to run against. They will be breaking in some new corners so that will be important as well for them to be as good as they can be.

Sounds like they do return a lot and high quality too. I probably had them ranked too low. It will be interesting to see how that young QB does on a new team. It just seems like they may be a little one dimensional on offense which can make problems. I'm sure they will dominate 1A and compete well with the larger schools in NKY.

I think the Ryle ranking at #2 is very optimistic, got a chance to see them last Saturday in their controlled scrimmage / shared practice with Cooper, neither team impressed. If Ryle is the second best in NKY it is going to be a lean year for NKY football IMO.

Agree with @Bwtigerpaw about Beechwood. While the QB is new to the team, he is talented and has the pedigree. Plus as mentioned before, they have two D1 commits and honestly there are a several others that will likely get offers before the end of the season. Some may be D1 offers. One kid in particular is Luke Bolger. Kid is big, strong, fast, and athletic. Think he's every bit of 6'4" tall and weighs 215 lbs. plus with little body fat. Has legs up to his ears. The Perfect frame to build on at the college level. Think Beechwood needs to utilize this kid more often on Offense and Defense. Look to see big things from him this year.

Overall i predict Beechwood's season ends with another state championship with their only loss coming against CCH. And i think that game will be closer than the past few years.