MLB Replay Problems

Pretending like they got hammered is exaggerating. Even if it’s somewhat harsh, it’s nothing that affects anyone other than the fans 5+ years down the road. No punishment in the here and now other than the GM.

I fail to see how limiting their international signing money isn't punishment. They lost all the players signed, even if they weren't signed via broken rules, and they can't sign as many as they would be able to normally.

Anything beyond that would be excessive. Most people, excluding you, thought it was harsh.

What's done is done. Doesnt matter anymore either way.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight a "Cubs" fan, since their are so many of them now, wants to resort to talking about the Braves of the 90's choking as a comeback? Well would you rather lose 100 games a year and be out of contention at the All Star Break for a decade or play in 5 World Series' in 10 years? If winning 5 National League Pennants is choking then I will take choking any time. Not to mention 2 of those World Series losses were to the Yankees who were also absolutely loaded, another to the Blue Jays who happened to win back to back World Series, and a game 7 1-0 extra inning loss to the Twins in what most people in baseball consider the greatest World Series ever. I mean if you are gonna come and talk trash at least be better at it. What team were you rooting for in the 90s I would be willing to bet it was the Braves or you may not have been alive or old enough to keep up with it then. Here is my guess.....Braves fan in the 90's, Red Sox fan 04-09, and now on to the Cubs. Awesome man. Go Sports!!

So let me get this straight a "Cubs" fan, since their are so many of them now, wants to resort to talking about the Braves of the 90's choking as a comeback? Well would you rather lose 100 games a year and be out of contention at the All Star Break for a decade or play in 5 World Series' in 10 years? If winning 5 National League Pennants is choking then I will take choking any time. Not to mention 2 of those World Series losses were to the Yankees who were also absolutely loaded, another to the Blue Jays who happened to win back to back World Series, and a game 7 1-0 extra inning loss to the Twins in what most people in baseball consider the greatest World Series ever. I mean if you are gonna come and talk trash at least be better at it. What team were you rooting for in the 90s I would be willing to bet it was the Braves or you may not have been alive or old enough to keep up with it then. Here is my guess.....Braves fan in the 90's, Red Sox fan 04-09, and now on to the Cubs. Awesome man. Go Sports!!

:lol: triggered! The search function goes back 12 years if you want to go search my posts in MLB forum :thumb: Cubs and only Cubs since I was 5 years old in 1986 :lol2:

We actually have 3 :D. Just saying if we made the World Series 5 times in 10 years, I’d be disappointed we only came away with 1 Championship.

3, but how long in between the 2nd and 3rd?

Cubs fans were disappointed every year for a long time. Dont come with that weak stuff.

3, but how long in between the 2nd and 3rd?

Cubs fans were disappointed every year for a long time. Dont come with that weak stuff.

It’s not weak. It’s my opinion. And if the Cubs make the World Series 4 more times in the next 8 years and lose them all, I’ll be glad we were good enough to get there, but I’ll be disappointed we couldn’t win another. You don’t think the Buffalo Bills fans are disappointed they lost 4 Super Bowls? Maybe you’re just not emotionally invested in the Braves as you are the football Giants. Would you not be disappointed if your Giants lost their next 4 Super Bowl appearances in the next 8 years? Sure you’re proud they made it, but don’t act like you wouldn’t be disappointed. I don’t know why you’re getting defensive by someone saying if it was their team they’d be disappointed. And none of it has anything to do with the Cubs and how poorly their corporate owners ran the team for decades, only looking at the bottom line. We’ve all seen how they can compete with good owners and a competent front office.

Im not being defensive. Its just funny coming from a Cubs fan when the Cubs sucked for so long.

Not like the Cubs were killing it then...thats my point.

The Braves may have lost a few, but they also won one. A lot of teams, Cubs included, would have loved those results.

Im not being defensive. Its just funny coming from a Cubs fan when the Cubs sucked for so long.

Not like the Cubs were killing it then...thats my point.

The Braves may have lost a few, but they also won one. A lot of teams, Cubs included, would have loved those results.

See, there you go again making this about the Cubs. It’s not a comparison question or discussion. It’s a discussion about being disappointed in going 1 for 5 in the World Series in a short period of time with a team loaded with Hall of Famers. Sure, much of MLB at the time would’ve been happy with those results because only a few teams were good then. The discussion is about be disappointed only getting 1 in 5 tries. Not comparing other teams results to the Braves. And if you really want to compare them, the Atlanta Braves have just 1 World Series and that was 23 years ago :D

See, there you go again making this about the Cubs. It’s not a comparison question or discussion. It’s a discussion about being disappointed in going 1 for 5 in the World Series in a short period of time with a team loaded with Hall of Famers. Sure, much of MLB at the time would’ve been happy with those results because only a few teams were good then. The discussion is about be disappointed only getting 1 in 5 tries. Not comparing other teams results to the Braves. And if you really want to compare them, the Atlanta Braves have just 1 World Series and that was 23 years ago :D

Actually you made this about the Braves after a comment about your Cubbies. So they are fair game.

And the point still stands. You say its disappointing to lose all those world series' i say they won one and made all those others, something clubs like the cubs would love to be able to say.

What more should they do? They took all the players they got by breaking the rules...

They also lost a 3rd round draft pick.

Pretty much everyone agreed that MLB dropped the hammer on the Braves.

The Red Sox were punished for something similar but their punishment was not as bad imo.

Your Cubs have probably broken the same rules.

Actually you made this about the Braves after a comment about your Cubbies. So they are fair game.

And the point still stands. You say its disappointing to lose all those world series' i say they won one and made all those others, something clubs like the cubs would love to be able to say.

If you think the Cubs and the rest of baseball weren't, haven't or aren't curre tly doing similar things, you are being naive.

ACTUALLY YOU brought them up in post #24 also when you told me to go watch a replay of the 2016 World Series also, before the post was edited :D. So in reality you’ve brought them into all this multiple times :lol2:

ACTUALLY YOU brought them up in post #24 also when you told me to go watch a replay of the 2016 World Series also, before the post was edited :D. So in reality you’ve brought them into all this multiple times :lol2:

I did bring the Cubs up regarding the rules. You made the comment about the Braves and being disappointed about the 90s and then it went to how bad the cubs were for 100 years.

Im tired and dont care anymore :lol2:

I did bring the Cubs up regarding the rules. You made the comment about the Braves and being disappointed about the 90s and then it went to how bad the cubs were for 100 years.

Im tired and dont care anymore :lol2:

Well for the record my response about the 90’s Braves was in response to you telling me to go watch reruns of the 2016 World Series. Unfortunately you’re a line stepper and got your post edited :lol2:. I’ll accept “I’m tired” as your confession of starting this :lol2: