Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Just a question

Featured Replies

Was there a reason behind the 75 point beat down by SHA over Atherton on Tuesday? Not taking sides on whether it was right or wrong, just wondering if there was a statement to be made or something like that. For the record I believe if you are going to play at a certain level, you must accept the reality that something like this may happen from time to time.But I also believe that there comes a point in a game such as this where a coach can institute certain things to "call off the dogs" so to speak. I have no idea what went on during this game so that's why I'm asking.

I don't see this much different then say SK's 64 19 win or 60+/- 25 win over Williamstown. Not sure what else you can do. Just play the game I guess..

Sounds like they did call off the dogs. I’d say sacred heart is about 125 points or so better. So winning by 75 is calling off the dogs.

Sounds like they did call off the dogs. I’d say sacred heart is about 125 points or so better. So winning by 75 is calling off the dogs.

 

I agree, no one wants to see a team get beat by 75 but not sure whay else they cam do.

To confirm your concerns, no starters played after Q1 and the team was required to make (5) passes in the half court before scoring. It is unfortunate;however, this was a required District game. It didn't help that Atherton's second leading scorer was out too.

Whomever was responsible for scheduling the game between Sacred Heart and Atherton are at fault here. Each Coach and/or AD had to have known the disparity between the two and that a result like this was probable.

 

As far as SK/Williamstown is concerned they are in the same district and have to play for seeding purposes. Not SK's fault if a lopsided score occurs. That is why the KHSAA should class the districts in each region and then they wouldn't have to play during the regular season. Would only potentially play in the regional tourney and you would assume if a small school like Williamstown made it to the regional then they would be good enough to prevent something like this from happening if they came up against a big school like SK.

Disregard my comment re: Sacred Heart/Atherton. Didn't know they were in same district.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.