Shorty Cager has been cleared

I hate the situation for Johnson. Such a wonderful kid and he’s limited this way.

It is a shame because he will go down as one of the greatest all-around athletes in school history and has missed out on his best year. He was amazing to watch on the gridiron and set many school records and we missed out on that and he was already in the 1,000 point club. The Cager/Johnson duo put up great numbers on both teams for 3 years, heck Hoptown was just a few plays away from beating the state champs in football...who knows what they could have added for Coach Clayton.

Hopefully he gets to go out on top and sign his D1 offer that Ive heard he picked up.

It is a shame because he will go down as one of the greatest all-around athletes in school history and has missed out on his best year. He was amazing to watch on the gridiron and set many school records and we missed out on that and he was already in the 1,000 point club. The Cager/Johnson duo put up great numbers on both teams for 3 years, heck Hoptown was just a few plays away from beating the state champs in football...who knows what they could have added for Coach Clayton.

Hopefully he gets to go out on top and sign his D1 offer that Ive heard he picked up.

I’ve heard he said considering shutting it down and getting his knee fixed and doing a post grad year. That might not be the worst idea.

I’ve heard he said considering shutting it down and getting his knee fixed and doing a post grad year. That might not be the worst idea.

I hope he doesn't have anyone pressuring him to play when he is not 100%. There are times kids need to tough it out and then there are times when rest to get over an injury is the right thing for a young man's future. Playing injured and less than your best as you are attempting to land a D1 offer can work against you. Getting healthy and coming back for a Post grad year could very well be the best approach for his future. Best of luck to this young man who everyone has a good thing to say about.