Newport 60 Conner 57

Nice game by Conner's Riley Osterbur (Freshman). I believe he was leading scorer with 16 off the bench. Went 4-4 from 3 and 2-2 from inside. Craddock's shot to tie the game was in then popped out. Best game Conner has played all year. Having Simpson back gets another defensive player who can also score off the dribble. Free throws killed Conner in this one, 3-12 I heard...shoot 50% from the line they win the game.

Nice game by Conner's Riley Osterbur (Freshman). I believe he was leading scorer with 16 off the bench. Went 4-4 from 3 and 2-2 from inside. Craddock's shot to tie the game was in then popped out. Best game Conner has played all year. Having Simpson back gets another defensive player who can also score off the dribble. Free throws killed Conner in this one, 3-12 I heard...shoot 50% from the line they win the game.

Osterbur looked good. Was actually 3/3 from 3 with 13 points. Was the leading scorer for the Cougars. Conner was 9/16 from FT line, not 3/12. Last shot from Craddock not really as close as in and out.... kind of a heave type shot. Hicks played tough and will get better. Simpson certainly helps, as well.

Newport had an off Shooting night, shot worse from the line than Conner, and Burries was in foul trouble with 3 in 1st half.

Fun game. Conner getting better. Coach O doing a good job with what he has right now.