29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Ohio State University
    • University of Southern California

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Darnold and I think he has the potential to be a really good player in the NFL for years. But he's still living off potential right now. He gets flushed out of the pocket a lot and I know that's not his fault, but when he is standing in the pocket is when he has made a lot of his mistakes this season. I think he needs to stay another year in college for his own sake. For one he needs to hope someone else wins less games than the Browns, but he also needs to show that he can make better decisions in the pocket. He has the ability to make any throw, but just because you can make the throw doesn't mean you should try it every time and that's what he needs to work on. He's extremely raw still.

With that said I'm worried about his ability to attack the OSU linebackers. I'd like to see OSU go away from the run stopping lineup they threw out there against Wisconsin in exchange for some linebackers who can do better in space. I'd like to see Harrison play more and I'd like to see Browning get some meaningful snaps.

He's pretty much said if the Browns have the 1st pick (which they will), he isn't coming out.

Once again I don't think Darnold has actually said that. I think it's hearsay at this point and at this point Rosen is going to go #1 this year anyways.

Franchise QB projection, to a career 3rd stringer is a little broad. You’re just saying that you’re on the franchise end of it?

I think he checks all the boxes to being a successful QB at the next level.

Could he be a bust? Sure he could be. USC definitely hasn't had the best track-record with QBs panning out in recent history.

No chance that he’s Barkley?

I hadn't really thought of the Matt Barkley comparison but damn that's a very good comparison as far as how their careers have gone in college. Both were viewed as can't miss prospects. I don't think Darnold will just fall right off the face of the earth like Barkley did.