New Mercer Football Website!

Buffalo Gap

NOW THERE NOTHING WRONG WITH A ROSTER. I MEAN I M A BIG MERCER FAN BUT I STILL DONT KNOW EVERYONE ON THE TEAM?? BUT ITS STILL A AWESOME SITE!!!

GO MERCER!!:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

Why are you yelling??

It was just a joke about the roster because I know RussellMVP and a couple of others have been asking an awful lot of questions about Mercer, sensing a matchup later in the season.

Hoping for a matchup , let's play tommorrow ... Your opponent can play Estill and we'll meet in Mt Sterling ... High School football rarely gets dream matchups . that pan out ... Last year we had dream matchups with Newport and Belfry ... great high school games that could have been won on the last series , last play by either team. We had lost those in the past , it was our turn for a senior team ( small class all played both ways) who had something to prove - no stars ...

If we hadn't jumped on you the Scotties early last year that could have been a great one... wonder why on the first series you folks passed on fourth and short ... A score there makes that game alot different ... Fleming was beating us last year at half ...

It is all still under construction so I have been told, rosters will be included and lots more pictures, the next 2 weeks when kids get back in school it will really take shape. They have some software that will be able to do tours of the complex, weightroom etc. and fields. Great for the team, coaches, parents and community. Good JOB to those students at vo-tech school in Mr. Laymon's class designing the site and all the time planning he has put into it, and for boosters supporting it. For whoever it was that asked, the red building is the new sports complex.

Is the red building the new indoor facility? If so that is NICE!

Yes, the red building is the facility. I think someone about two weeks ago posted pictures from the inside.

As far as the fields go, this year, Mercer has used both Alvis Johnson (H'burgs) and Mercer's field. Coach Johnson's stadium/field was used for the bowl game, the main reason why the rest of the games have been played at Mercer is b/c of the bermuda playing surface. If you could match Mercer's field, w/ Coach Johnsons stadium it would be perfect, b/c it's a very fan friendly environment to watch a game. The kids best interest comes first though, so that's why the games are played at Mercer, b/c of the field itself.

As the plans for now, after the last home game this year, Mercers current field/stadium is supposed to be torn down. The new turf and a brand new stadium are going to be built in it's place, as I said, this is "supposed" to be happening after this football season, if not, it will be done w/in the next year or two as the new HS and other academic/athletic fields will be under construction as well.

Why are you yelling??

It was just a joke about the roster because I know RussellMVP and a couple of others have been asking an awful lot of questions about Mercer, sensing a matchup later in the season.

i wasnt yellin. i just forgot my CAPS.

GO MERCER!:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: