November 13, 20178 yr Does God change? Is He the same today as He was thousands or millions of years ago? Will He be the same ten thousand years from now? It has been said that the only constant is change, that everything flows and nothing stands still. We look around us and that seems to be true. Our world and our Universe is continuously in flux. Is the same true for God? Does he change as well or is He the only true constant force in the universe? Malachi 3:6 says , “For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.” The God of the OT seemed angry and vengeful at times. In fact, Nahum 1:2 says, God is jealous, and the Lord revengeth; the Lord revengeth, and is furious; the Lord will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies. Yet, some Christians claim that this angry and vengeful God that brought death and destruction on the world was prior to Jesus' death & resurrection. They say(I guess) that God has changed. He is no longer angry and vengeful. Others, however, say that God has always been the same since(and before) the beginning of time. Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Can the same be said of God??? Which is it? Is the God of today the same as the God that brought so much of His wrath and destruction upon the world thousands of years ago? Or did God mellow out after Jesus lived and died and lived again? Thanks in advance for your commentaries.
November 13, 20178 yr I do not think God changes. I believe he reveals himself to us in different ways and his demands of us have changed since the establishment of the new covenant. But I believe he is the same God that created world.
November 17, 20178 yr I believe the character of God is unchanging. He is not less wrathful today than He was, say, in the Old Testament era. Just because He changes how He does things does not mean He Himself changes.
November 18, 20178 yr I believe the character of God is unchanging. He is not less wrathful today than He was, say, in the Old Testament era. Just because He changes how He does things does not mean He Himself changes. Very good
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.