2A Game of the Week: 2A #6 Somerset at 1A #5 Raceland

DevilMayCare

Who gets the win?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

• Somerset Briar Jumpers
    • Raceland Rams

No one has really been very successful in the way of a passing attack against us. Greenup came in averaging over 200 yds a game and we shut it all down. Portsmouth got us on a few deep balls, but they were all pretty much on broken plays. I think we will play the same balanced defense we have all year and Lewis will make the adjustments he sees fit if need be. My concern is r in coversge, it isn't in stopping g the tun, it's if our offense can sustain drives and finish in the redzone. If we have a multiple three and outs, we have no chance.

I think the emergence of Hunter Lacks in the run game will help in those areas. Aside from his own skill set, his presence can open things up a little more for Adkins. 4.4 ypc isn't what you expect from Judd.

I think the emergence of Hunter Lacks in the run game will help in those areas. Aside from his own skill set, his presence can open things up a little more for Adkins. 4.4 ypc isn't what you expect from Judd.

I agree 100%. I'd like to see us use the 2 back set more like we did with Denton and Carver or Beach and Snyder a few years ago. Then the Jet sweep becomes more effective as well due to the misdirection the trap creates. Judd was successful last year bc of Bailey hammering off between the tackles. Now he has stepped into that roll and Hunter gives you that different paced back more apt to get around the edge

I finally got the chance to sit and watch Somerset game from last week. Their defense is hard to really get a feel for how good they are. They had at least 8 and a lot of the game 9 in the box. They will not be able to do that with us. I think we can hold their offense in check we are faster defensively than Rockcastle. We have to wrap up the QB he is very good once he gets running. Their stand out player to me was not an offensive player. We have to keep #11 out of the backfield. That looks to be a very tall order. He is very explosive and strong and in my opinion very capable of wreaking havoc on your offense. I would not be surprised if he plays a big role on the outcome of this game.

After watching and studying the film I am going to go out on a limb here and pick the Rams to pull the upset.

Rams-20

Jumpers-12

I agree 100%. I'd like to see us use the 2 back set more like we did with Denton and Carver or Beach and Snyder a few years ago. Then the Jet sweep becomes more effective as well due to the misdirection the trap creates. Judd was successful last year bc of Bailey hammering off between the tackles. Now he has stepped into that roll and Hunter gives you that different paced back more apt to get around the edge

Exactly ....I had stated basically the same thoughts a couple of weeks ago, imo we are Far more effective with this look.

Somerset will definitely throw more than run so the Raceland defense will be tested. I'm eager to hear how Somersets run defense fairs on a 4 hour bus trip.

I think they will take enough time / breaks and arrive early enough to where that won't be a factor at all. Besides ...These are high school kids we're talking about and unlike this crippled old fart, they are in shape.

Sommerset players, coaches, cheerleaders, band and / or anyone else traveling on Friday .....our prayers for highway mercies / a safe trip to and from Raceland