2A #7 Glasgow vs. 4A #6 Franklin Simpson

DevilMayCare

Who gets the win?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

• Glasgow Scotties
    • Franklin Simpson Wildcats

After being handed their first loss a week ago, Glasgow (4-1) bounced back to go on the road and gut out a two point win at Warren East.

Franklin Simpson (2-3) suffered a major letdown after throttling 6A Greenwood 63-6 in Week 3. The Wildcats fell to 6A Meade County 21-14 in a game that has to be a major disappointment for Coach Doug Preston's team coming on the heels of such an impressive performance a week earlier.

I will be shocked if FS loses anymore games before the region title game. They won't play anyone else better than Meade County unless they go deep into the playoffs.

Glasgow will test the Wildcats pass defense, which looked better last night. I think FS will answer the challenge.

Major letdown?

You evidently have paid no attention to this Meade County team that absolutely mauled Shelby County. The FS v Meade game literally came some to the last play of the game.

I'll acknowledge that "major letdown" was a bit strong, but FS had to be very disappointed with that result against Meade County considering the result they had the week before. It's not as if Meade is a great 6A team, like the one they had in 2013. Greenwood is by no means a great team either, but they returned a lot from last year's team and had high expectations. They got drubbed by FS with a score that certainly grabbed my attention. I thought they'd keep that momentum going against a solid, but not great Meade County squad. Personally, I thought it was a letdown.

But, then again, maybe I'm expecting too much from the Wildcats? They did lose a lot of talent from last year.

We knew going into the season this team could be 1-4 or 5-0 halfway through.

We also knew this team had(has) the potential to play in Lexington in December.

The Meade game was a toss up throughout. 300 yards of penalties favored or harmed neither team but it was a total disruption of the flow in a competitive game.

We will see how the next six weeks progress before passing any judgment regarding g the 2017 FS Wildcats.