BluegrassPreps Class 4A Pre-Season Rankings (Discussion)

Ram

I expect Knox Central to be better than Rockcastle Co. this year and finish second to Wayne Co. in that district.

I will have to disagree with you on that one. Rock will be a really solid team. We have the same offense line and same running backs. We lost a qb who was dual threat to only replace with another one that is same type of player and has started and been a great running back since a freshman and is now a senior. We go back to being smash mouth football and a run stopping defense. Typical Rockcastle football. Will be as competive of a district as last year. Our defense is the question mark but we return the core nucleus that we had last year. Don't see a much of a difference in the two teams except we won't wow you with big completions down the field rather short passes and hard nose running. We will compete and give Wayne county as good of a game as we ever have. Look back at the scores of the Wayne County games since this class was freshman and you will see.

Freshman year1 Rock 14-Wayne 28 @ Rock

Soph Rock 13-Wayne 21@wayne

Rock 24-Wayne 27@ Wayne playoff

Junior- Rock 41- Wayne 34 @ Rock OT

I don't expect anything less than a great game again this year. Rock players have hit the weight room hard and early and I feel good about this Rock team. Should be a fun season and a good district to watch once again. Good luck to all in our district!