Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Playing basketball in a prison

Featured Replies

Some Boyle County graduates and basketball coaches went to play basketball at Northpoint Training Center, a medium-security prison. After, some of them shared their testimonials and spoke with prisoners.

 

Story on AMNews.com

 

My question: Is this something you would do? Would you be nervous at all?

I live about one mile from that prison. I bet Hagen dropped 40.

Sounds like an awesome group of kids. Very cool article, thanks for sharing!

  • Author
I live about one mile from that prison. I bet Hagen dropped 40.

 

Not joking, he scored 53. But the Boyle boys lost 114-104.

Not joking, he scored 53. But the Boyle boys lost 114-104.

 

Dang is that where Bud Mackey is or something?

  • Author
Dang is that where Bud Mackey is or something?

 

There were seven "kids" that played for Boyle and I was told the Northpoint team was subbing constantly.

 

24 second shot clock in a 40 minute game, I think they probably wore down.

My uncle just got out of prison after serving 24 years for two capital murder charges. He wouldn't kill a person for no reason. You would have have to look at him funny or something similar before he would kill you. To answer the question, yes the fact they are in prison would be in the back of my mind at all times.

I played softball vs prisoners several years ago and we had a good squad and split a dh with them. It was an experience I won't forget.

Though I haven't done it, I have a lot of friends who have played sports in prison. A lot of my WKY buddies I used to play softball with back in the day used to play guys on the prison farm outside of Eddyville, and the state pen in Eddyville. I remember being told the story of a bunch of them playing once at the state pen, and an inmate not liking a call made by one of the umps. This guy approaches the ump in a threatening manner. Well, a bunch of inmates are sitting on a wall watching the game...as this guy approaches the ump, several of them hop off the wall, grab the guy and haul him off before the guards or anyone else can even move. Problem solved, game resumes. They said that the inmates knew if something bad happened, this privilege would be taken away from them, and they didn't want that. They "policed" their own.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.