PBR Top 25

katbird

You can't put a lot into PBR's rankings....they have some individual kids ranked as top 5 at a position who don't even start for their varsity squads. That's not to say the kids aren't good players but it's hard to truly rank players based on workouts...IMO to get a true ranking of players you need to be see them first hand in game situations (Some PBR events are this way but not all). And there are a great number of players who don't attend showcases too so you gotta take a step back and wait to see how things come out in the wash. The same can be said for ranking teams...they need to be seen.

Edited by WillCoach44
left something out

I agree this poll is far from being on the money. I was skeptical about a few of the spots when I first saw this. For example, North Oldham went 15-20 last year and are now #8 in the state...why? Likely because PBR learned they got a transfer from St. Louis that can throw 96 mph. How did he do in their season opener against St. X? 1 IP, 4H, 7R, 5BB. St. X won 15-5. Also look at South Oldham...they had a solid year in 2016, but when was the last time they won the 8th region? Ever?

I think the preseason poll by KHSBCA is more accurate.

KHSBCA

Edited by The Penguin
Link didn't work