Ashland Paul Blazer HS Basketball

They are just not playing well. Could have, and probably should have beat a few teams so far. It just doesn't look like there're into the games. One parent said that the coach is always on them. I've listened to a number of games. Seems like a lack of hustle. As a coach, when a team wins, the kids get all the credit. When you loose, it's the coaches fault. That's not what I've heard. The coach always seems to blame the players. Today, Dicky said only 3 starters scored and one of them only had 4 points. They got beat by 19 tonight by a Louisville DeSales team that they probably could have beaten.

For one Greenup has yet beat a team that is over 500. Ashland played them well, till the end... Ashland has a lack of talent , from what I have herd he is tring to find something they do good on both ends. MY op really good coach , loves Ashland. Just needs some players. And the Kids need to have a little pride in them selves , and play hard , put in extra time, listen to coach. I`m so tired of kids getting yelled at , and it s on the coach. Greenup has a nice coach who doesn't yell or be mean. He`s did nothing but lose . So parents and players , coach`s will get on the players. Man up or don't play. Ashland has a good young coach let him be.. Or trade Greenup for Tackett.

I don't think anybody is bashing the coach.

Tonight was my first look at Ashland. I'm not bashing the coach. I stated a fact .... "gave up a ton of lay-ups". That is not my opinion .... it is a fact. It can be backed up with evidence.

Love for a school and community does not make a great coach. From what I know of him .... he is a very good guy. I have my opinion but my opinion does not matter so I will keep that to myself. I said .... Ashland will be fine in the Region. I think that is a positive spin on things.

I've known Jeremy for years and one thing I know about him is that he knows the game of basketball. Basically he doesn't have a lot to work with at the moment so he's attempting to speed the game up to maximize opportunities to score. Due to that there will be some games they win that they shouldn't, as well as games where they get blown out. As far as him being too hard on the kids, I don't believe that for a second, he doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Once the talent is there, coach Howell will do just fine at Ashland and there is no doubt in my mind that there will be more talent to work with throughout his tenure.