Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Soccer Strength and Conditioning

Featured Replies

How many teams in Kentucky make offseason strength and speed work a priority? Just asking around, I'm very surprised that this really isn't all that emphasized.

Most of the players, at least on the varsity squads, play for club teams that play during the winter and spring.

Most of the players, at least on the varsity squads, play for club teams that play during the winter and spring.

 

Agreed but I'm not sure how this comment relates to the question that was presented by mex

 

Are you saying schools don't emphasize it since most of the players are playing club during the HS offseason.

We have committed program. Boys have weights or skills 5 days a week. Times vary throughout year. Might be in conjunction with PE class, after school or even before school.

  • Author

Highlands had the beginnings of its S&C program last offseason that they worked in conjunction w/ club, and I feel like the work that those kids put in really paid off going into the preseason this year. I've spoken with parents from other schools and there really isn't much. That's why I was asking.

Yes "yellow card" that was what I was saying.

We have club training and events until 12/18. Part of the club training is conditioning. No weights. Depending on which club you work with, there may be a focus on Futsal as well. That has paid major dividends.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.