Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TED Talks - Post Them Here

Featured Replies

With CWB having started a thread on TED Talks I thought that perhaps some would like to share with others some TED Talks they've listened to that they think others might find interesting.

 

TED is a nonpartisan nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks. TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 110 languages.

 

The first one that I'd like to post is one that I considered posting a while back when we had two running threads discussing the differences between conservatives and liberals. BGP has no shortage of both so perhaps some may find this TED Talk interesting and thought provoking.

 

Here is Jonathan Haidt, a social psychologist and Professor of Ethical Leadership at New York University's Stern School of Business in his TED Talk discussing "The moral roots of liberals and conservatives".

 

  • Author

This interesting TED Talk is about Addiction.

 

I believe that a while back Clyde posted it in another thread discussing heroin addiction.

 

  • Author

Interesting Ted Talk from a woman who grew up in the Westboro Baptist Church and finally left.

 

Can I make a comment instead of posting a TED Talk? I ask because I'm not a huge fan of the talks, but TEDed does a really nice job with short animation of historical events, which are really good for using in the classroom as a quick-hitter before diving deeper into the subject matter.

  • Author
Can I make a comment instead of posting a TED Talk? I ask because I'm not a huge fan of the talks, but TEDed does a really nice job with short animation of historical events, which are really good for using in the classroom as a quick-hitter before diving deeper into the subject matter.

 

Sure...while starting a thread for Ted Talks I was thinking that if anyone wanted to also include discussion along with them and about them that this too would be welcomed. I'm not yet familiar with the TEDed shorts of which you speak, but I'm very interested in finding out. :thumb:

Sure...while starting a thread for Ted Talks I was thinking that if anyone wanted to also include discussion along with them and about them that this too would be welcomed. I'm not yet familiar with the TEDed shorts of which you speak, but I'm very interested in finding out. :thumb:

 

This is an example of one I show in class. They are all typically around five minutes long and work well as supplemental educational material.

 

This is one of my favorites. The topic is understanding procrastination.

 

  • Author

This guy created a funny and effective service to combat telemarketers...

 

 

There's also a channel on Youtube with over 100 audio/videos of actual calls where his service spoofs telemarketers. These are pretty darn hilarious.

 

Jolly Roger Telephone Co

- YouTube

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.