Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

11th Region Cats Pause

Featured Replies

1. Dunbar

2. Scott County

3. Lexington Catholic

4. Lexington Christian

5. Henry Clay

6. Madison Central

7. Lafayette

8. Bryan Station

9. Madison Southern

10. Franklin County

 

Players:

 

1. Taveion Hollingsworth - Dunbar

2. Michael Moreno - Scott County

3. Luke Johnson - Lex Cath

4. Kyle Rode - Lex Christian

5. Zan Payne - Lex Cath

6. Dontell Brown - Dunbar (out for year)

7. Justin Mitchell - Henry Clay

8. Isaiah Cozart - Madison Central

9. Michael Jefferson - Madison Southern

10. Copper Robb - Scott County

Dunbar has the best player. But Dontell Brown being out is going to be a huge problem. His value to that team goes way beyond whatever stats he accumulated. Always made the smart play, drew charges, got huge rebounds. Dunbar was just more talented than everyone last year. Chalk won't put coach Hicks. I think Scott County is the team to beat in the 11th.

I tend to agree with HoopJunkie that the loss of Brown really opens up the 11th despite Hollingsworth being the clear top player. I would flip Madison Central with LCA and then suggest any of those top 4 could win the 11th- Dunbar, Scott County, Lex Cath, & Madison Central. Madison Central could be the sleeper pick.

I tend to agree with you here Go hard! Really like Lexington Catholic in this region ..They have one of the best players in the state in Luke Johnson and the young kids that were around him last year have really matured. Definitely a team to watch ..

  • Author

I agree Dunbar takes a pretty big hit with the loss of Brown, but with Hollingsworth still on the court they cant be counted out. I think Scott Co and Lexington Catholic are probably the favorites at this point. I don't know that I am sold on LCA being that high especially since Tre King has moved on out of state. Rode is a very good ball player, but at this point, I don't see him carrying a team. Madison Central will surprise a lot of people I think, they will be young, with only 3 seniors, but most of the scoring production will come from the Jrs, and the "D" from the sophomores. Cozart had 120 blocks last year as a freshman. All in all it should be a great year in the 11th, and I can't wait for it to get started:thumb:

With the unfortunate injury to brown and no other starters back( not sure but think they lost some of the bench contributers also), can't really see anyone else other than Scott co or Lex Cath coming out of the 11th.

With the unfortunate injury to brown and no other starters back( not sure but think they lost some of the bench contributers also), can't really see anyone else other than Scott co or Lex Cath coming out of the 11th.

 

 

Yeah. It's going to be tough. Chalk doesn't have the best reputation for "coaching them up" either.

Who will be Dunbars starting 5? Losing Lewis & Williams can't be easy. Not sure if Kelley was a senior or not but if so thats 3 out of their starting 5 gone. Who will replace them?

Far as I know - Dunbar has one starter back- that's it. Wish I had the Larry legend name- lol

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.