October 7, 201610 yr That might be the most extensive use of the curveball in a pressure situation that I've ever seen. Allen has huge gonads to keep going back to it.
October 7, 201610 yr Author That was pretty impressive, hook hook hook hook hook hook. Even after he gave up the base hit after throwing six straight, he still went back to the yakker. And on 3-2 counts, no less. Amazing.
October 7, 201610 yr Author I don't know that I've ever seen Bert Blyleven do that, let alone a reliever.
October 7, 201610 yr I don't know that I've ever seen Bert Blyleven do that, let alone a reliever. Me either and what was crazy is that they just kept flailing away at it. He only hit the strike zone with it a couple of times at the most.
October 7, 201610 yr Author Me either and what was crazy is that they just kept flailing away at it. He only hit the strike zone with it a couple of times at the most. That screamed Francona to keep going back to that. He knows something about his old team.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.