Covington Catholic 3 Anderson (OH) 1

Very nice win against a good Anderson team. CCH the better team tonight, had more possession, more chances, 2 off the post (again) and the Anderson keeper made some really nice saves on a few other chances, it could have been 6-2 score. CCH may have discovered a few important pieces of the puzzle in this one. Total team win, but in particular Wulfeck played well in a new role as midfielder and Seibert came off the bench and played terrific at outside back, stepping up huge to fill a need.

Anderson lone goal via PK, defense strong!

If not for essentially an empty-netter you'd have nailed it.

About that "empty-netter", Lamb did a great job of beating the first defender, drawing the second defender at the same time pulling the keeper near post and then slotting the ball across the box to Deimling for a beautiful goal. Well put together, great timing, nice goal. Personally I don't call this type of goal an "empty-netter", degrades its by doing so.

About that "empty-netter", Lamb did a great job of beating the first defender, drawing the second defender at the same time pulling the keeper near post and then slotting the ball across the box to Deimling for a beautiful goal. Well put together, great timing, nice goal. Personally I don't call this type of goal an "empty-netter", degrades its by doing so.

Wow...degrades? Easy.

Anderson had everyone pushed much higher than normal, trying to force an equalizer, and the keeper was out of position. In the normal of flow of the game, given the way Anderson had positioned their back-line for the entirety of the game, that goal doesn't happen.

Lamb is a great player, that isn't a question, and I probably should have stuck with my first comment on the goal for the thin-skinned: flukey. Can we agree on that?

Wow...degrades? Easy.

Anderson had everyone pushed much higher than normal, trying to force an equalizer, and the keeper was out of position. In the normal of flow of the game, given the way Anderson had positioned their back-line for the entirety of the game, that goal doesn't happen.

Lamb is a great player, that isn't a question, and I probably should have stuck with my first comment on the goal for the thin-skinned: flukey. Can we agree on that?

No. "flukey worse then "empty-netter".

I'll agree Anderson was pushing forward but the CCH 3rd goal was anything but flukey or empty-netter. The way I saw it I described in post #10.

IMO "flukey" describes a goal that in 9 out of 10 chances won't be a goal, a weird situation, big mistake by the defender, etc. caused the goal. "empty-netter" IMO is one where maybe a long ball is played over the top the keeper comes out and misses it and the striker can basically walk it in.

CCH' 2nd and 3rd goals were neither by any stretch. CCH 1st goal was a perfectly hit corner by Russo that Schutt finished superbly with a header into the back of the net, Anderson keeper had no chance. All 3 CCH goals with quality. This team has been bashed over and over for lack of goal scoring. Maybe give them some due for scoring 3 quality goals against a very good D1 OH school known for their defense.

MTGL, no problem, its all good!

And I'll agree the second goal was started off a bad turn over by Anderson, but it wasn't like Lamb picked the kids pocket on the 6 yrd line, CCH still had some work to do.

Anyway we agree on sometings, "couldn't be happier with the result" is certainty one of those things.

GP may have a totally different take all together, if he was there to witness it himself or will he rely on his resource (s)?