Lexington Catholic 2016/2017

Lchs returns 4 of 5 starters with the point( luke Johnson) & shooting guard( TC price) both having d1 offers. Probably the least talked about guard combo in the state with d1 offers. 6'5 zan Payne returns at the 4 and is probably the best rebounding 4 in the state . Also back are 3 6'7 post players who will all see the floor. Talk about Dunbar - fern creek- cov cath or whoever, lchs has to b the sleeper no one talks about.

Love Luke Johnson. Not a TC Price fan or the Blake kid that takes several 3s per game. They should be able to exploit the post with Zan, Peter Whitman, Max Sparkman and possibly the two sophomores. Donovan Morris graduating is a blessing.

Expect your more typical Lex Cath team. 2-2-1 press, the same sets they always run and lots of 3s. They'll be fun to watch.

I watched him in 4 or 5 summer games this June. Still not a fan. Volume shooter who is more of a shot taker than a shot maker. Average athlete at best. Not good laterally. Struggles to guard.

Just my opinion. But I do think it is an informed one as I have seen about 15 Lex Cath games between last season and summer ball this year.

I have not seen him play AAU

Hard to really pick on Blake Scott. He is a shooter. Thats what he is asked to do. He does it well. They will be good and he will be a big part of that. Not sure what else he needs to do. I guess thats up to his coach. Price kid will be fine. Needs to improve his shot for the next level.