1A #6 Nicholas County vs. 3A West Carter Predictions

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Nicholas County
    • West Carter

Didn't Fleming beat Nicholas 35-7 in the EKC grid?

Yes. And the 7 actually came on a Fleming int that Nicholas ran back to the 2 yard line. But to be fair Nicholas was missing 2 key players. I still think Fleming would have won easily but that speaks more to how good Fleming is this year. Fleming may look back at the end of the game mistake at Greenup as costing them an undefeated regular season come the end of October.

Fleming still has West and Russell to play. Their schedule is pretty weak this season.

Yes they do but I don't think that changes anything. I don't think Russell can score enough to beat them this year. I do think West can score because of their speed but can't get enough stops on defense to stay with them. West/ Fleming will be a higher scoring affair.

If Nicholas County plays the way they did against Paris last year, I think they could tame West Carter's speed and pull off the win.

I don't think anyone is saying that Nicholas can't win. Just saying that West's speed could hurt them. I will not be surprised either way. This should be a great game.

For any of you that are thinking this will be a running clock, know this...Coach Hop always has his guys ready to play. Their practices are much more difficult than games. No one is doubting that West has speed and weapons to score. This will be a physical game and I don't think either team will score 35 points. It's tough for me to pick against either team because I have a ton of respect for both. The team that wins this game will do so by 2 scores or less. Best of luck to both teams.