Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Soccer Statistical Leaders (Sept. 8)

Featured Replies

Boys’ Soccer stats from the KHSAA:

 

2

I spy several Region 1 names/teams on both girls and boys lists. Congrats to those!

Yea... my boy Caleb Wilson (Junior at Franklin-Simpson) tops the boys scoring list with 24 in 8 games played. Puts his career total now at 114. All time KY career scoring record is 176. It'll be interesting to see if he can break that mark.

 

Disclaimers: 1) Franklin-Simpson plays a "weak" schedule, 2) 7 of his goals came in a 10-0 mercy-rule win, 3) he wouldn't put up the same stats if he played on a better team that played a tougher schedule, and 4) I've seen him play Club soccer, he's good and shares well when he plays with others.

Sir- I agree that Caleb is a quality player, by all accounts, he seems to be a pretty good kid too. I will be surprised if he does not end his career with over 200 goals... though I'm just not sure what this really means.

 

My comments are not a knock on Caleb, they are more towards the coach. I do not understand how you leave your best scorer on the field in some of these matches. In my opinion, there is no justification for allowing a player to put up 7 goals in multiple matches that did not go the distance. I get that it is the coaches decision, and not mine, but I just don't think this is the way this should be played out.

Only a goofball coach allows that to happen multiple times in my opinion. Did Scott's former coach move south?

Sir- I agree that Caleb is a quality player, by all accounts, he seems to be a pretty good kid too. I will be surprised if he does not end his career with over 200 goals... though I'm just not sure what this really means.

 

My comments are not a knock on Caleb, they are more towards the coach. I do not understand how you leave your best scorer on the field in some of these matches. In my opinion, there is no justification for allowing a player to put up 7 goals in multiple matches that did not go the distance. I get that it is the coaches decision, and not mine, but I just don't think this is the way this should be played out.

 

Agree with YC. This coach's decision is certainly questionable. And IMO undermines his own player's qualities. Anyone that has the initiative to at least look just a bit past the first layer of any player's stats and discovers what you see here will question this and rightfully so.

In the end many observers have no clue who this kid is, don't know his club histroy, etc but have the right to question his or any player that puts up this number of goals in so many blow outs. And back on the kid, why keep scoring yourselves, share the ball. Obviously these games are so one sided, he could easily give his teammates opportunities to score instead of taking them for himself.

 

Cracking up about the X Scott coach moving south, maybe he prefers warmer weather.

Only a goofball coach allows that to happen multiple times in my opinion. Did Scott's former coach move south?

 

This

This

 

Now that I'm in broadcasting, my opinion carries extra weight.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.