Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 3 Newport Central Catholic 0

Featured Replies

Despite the center ref's best efforts, Cooper was able to win. It all started with shinguard gate and followed up with a 50/50 ball, seemingly good tackle and a player being carded for getting to the ball too fast.

Shinguards too small?

Oh I can't wait to hear this.

Cooper starting to look like a dark horse in the ninth region. Solid defense and they are scoring some goals.

The Center Ref should not take all the blame Chubb, I thought the AR on the far side of the field was just as bad on some of the offside calls. Granted, I think NCC did a really good job of playing a high line and catching Cooper off sides probably 6-8 times, several of these were late in the match. What the AR on the far side did not seem to understand is that a player some 25-30 yards away from the ball is not in the play and is typically not called for off sides.

 

From where I was sitting the 50/50 ball was just that, both boys were going full speed and got there at the same time. The Cooper defender sure appeared to get to the ball first, he was able to hit it 15-20 yards downfield. When the boys collided, the NCC player went to ground and let out a noise that seemed to definitely have an impact on the refs decision, the center proceeded to give the Cooper player a foul, and a yellow card. The second yellow came when the same player kicked the ball out of bounds when leaving the field. Although the second card is on the player for not keeping his composure, I do not understand how the ref calls him for a delay of game penalty when play was stopped and he was still sorting out the initial call.

 

All three goals for the Jags came in the second half, two of which were after Cooper was forced to play a man down and they basically played without a striker for about the last 25 minutes of the match. Austin Boles did another great job in goal, I think last night was the 3rd clean sheet of the season for him.

 

Cooper goals were from Snow, Rich and Workman

The Center Ref should not take all the blame Chubb, I thought the AR on the far side of the field was just as bad on some of the offside calls. Granted, I think NCC did a really good job of playing a high line and catching Cooper off sides probably 6-8 times, several of these were late in the match. What the AR on the far side did not seem to understand is that a player some 25-30 yards away from the ball is not in the play and is typically not called for off sides.

 

From where I was sitting the 50/50 ball was just that, both boys were going full speed and got there at the same time. The Cooper defender sure appeared to get to the ball first, he was able to hit it 15-20 yards downfield. When the boys collided, the NCC player went to ground and let out a noise that seemed to definitely have an impact on the refs decision, the center proceeded to give the Cooper player a foul, and a yellow card. The second yellow came when the same player kicked the ball out of bounds when leaving the field. Although the second card is on the player for not keeping his composure, I do not understand how the ref calls him for a delay of game penalty when play was stopped and he was still sorting out the initial call.

 

All three goals for the Jags came in the second half, two of which were after Cooper was forced to play a man down and they basically played without a striker for about the last 25 minutes of the match. Austin Boles did another great job in goal, I think last night was the 3rd clean sheet of the season for him.

 

Cooper goals were from Snow, Rich and Workman

 

While not there to witness the first yellow, kicking the ball out of play as he's walking off would be considered unsportsmanlike and would justifiably garner a yellow card. It could also be considered dissent I would think.

He got "all ball" and a foul was still called and a card given? Wait for it...

While not there to witness the first yellow, kicking the ball out of play as he's walking off would be considered unsportsmanlike and would justifiably garner a yellow card. It could also be considered dissent I would think.

 

Agreed, the second card was deserved because of his actions and it could have been given for either reason you mention. Although deserved, calling it for delay of game was just par for the course last night.

This is the kind of stuff I don't miss.

Agreed, the second card was deserved because of his actions and it could have been given for either reason you mention. Although deserved, calling it for delay of game was just par for the course last night.

 

the card has to be written for that. It's the proper reason. Just like in FIFA grabbing the ball as the scoring team and rushing it to the center after a goal is delaying the restart. I remember missing that in a ref class.

This is the kind of stuff I don't miss.

 

BTW, I am referring to poor officiating not the calling out of officials or the discussion that ensues on BGP. I've been known to mention it a time or two myself. :bag:

So I'm curious, shinguards were mentioned initially but then no details what was the deal there?

the card has to be written for that. It's the proper reason. Just like in FIFA grabbing the ball as the scoring team and rushing it to the center after a goal is delaying the restart. I remember missing that in a ref class.

 

I'm not a referee, so I'm not arguing if your explanation is a correct one or not, but if what you describe is what happened, the losing team scores a goal, is still behind or tied and they run into the goal, grab the ball and sprint to the center of the field with the ball to "hurry up" the restart is officially called "delay of game" by FIFA is laughable.

I believe you called it "delaying the restart". Either terminology "delaying the restart" or "delay of game" in this instant, the team behind on the score board is ACTUALLY trying their best to do the opposite, they're trying to SPEED UP the restart. It may in fact be a cardable situation, but maybe FIFA should call it something besides "delay of game."

I'm not a referee, so I'm not arguing if your explanation is a correct one or not, but if what you describe is what happened, the losing team scores a goal, is still behind or tied and they run into the goal, grab the ball and sprint to the center of the field with the ball to "hurry up" the restart is officially called "delay of game" by FIFA is laughable.

I believe you called it "delaying the restart". Either terminology "delaying the restart" or "delay of game" in this instant, the team behind on the score board is ACTUALLY trying their best to do the opposite, they're trying to SPEED UP the restart. It may in fact be a cardable situation, but maybe FIFA should call it something besides "delay of game."

First off delay of game isn't a thing in soccer. It is delay of restart because it can only happen during a dead ball.

 

Second, and this is how it was explained to me. The reason it is DR is when you get the scuffles over the ball, because let's face it the team that was scored on doesn't want you digging around in their goal. They are delaying the restart by the ensuing scuffle. Also it isn't their ball. The kick belongs to the other team. It actually makes perfect sense when you have it explained.

Liverpool'a iconic nanager Bill Shankly famously said: "The trouble with referees is they know the rules but don't know the game." I'm not thinking of anyone in particular, but if the shoe fits...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.