Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 3 Newport Central Catholic 0

Featured Replies

^^Shankly is a very wise man. ^^

 

Back to the game, nice win for Cooper! Two easy games up next then one to look forward to Vs St Henry.

 

NCC takes their first loss of the season, would expect them to get back in the W column X3 given their next 3 opponents.

Liverpool'a iconic nanager Bill Shankly famously said: "The trouble with referees is they know the rules but don't know the game." I'm not thinking of anyone in particular, but if the shoe fits...

Well good for him but it's the teams that jump on every mistake they can find from the refs and every loophole they can think of to try and game the system.

 

If you pay close attention in the MLS red cards get overturned every once and awhile because the wrong terminology is used on the game report.

Liverpool'a iconic nanager Bill Shankly famously said: "The trouble with referees is they know the rules but don't know the game." I'm not thinking of anyone in particular, but if the shoe fits...

Well good for him but it's the teams that jump on every mistake they can find from the refs and every loophole they can think of to try and game the system.

 

If you pay close attention in the MLS red cards get overturned every once and awhile because the wrong terminology is used on the game report.

Well good for him but it's the teams that jump on every mistake they can find from the refs and every loophole they can think of to try and game the system.

 

If you pay close attention in the MLS red cards get overturned every once and awhile because the wrong terminology is used on the game report.

 

Relax. I think the refs do a fine job in our area. And I'll absolutely take them over the host of would-be refs in the stands and most in the technical area. Like Shankly, I just enjoy stirring the pot from time to time. Regarding off-sides he quipped "if a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain an advantage then he should be." He was just having fun. Me too.

  • Author

A player for Cooper was able to start the game apparently, with unauthorized shin guards. About 3-5 min in, play was stopped, the player was seen leaving the field and changing his shin guards. A long discussion ensued and ended with the Cooper coach getting a yellow. My question is, isn't the ref supposed to check cleats and other equipment before the game?

No, the refs are NOT expected to check the equipment in HS games. As part of any pre-game instructions with the head coaches, they are asked if their "players will be properly and legally equipment before entering the field of play". Basically, it's the coaches responsibility to see their players are properly and legally equipped and if they are not and caught as it seems was the case here, the coach receives the first yellow. Any subsequent infraction the player is shown the card.

A player for Cooper was able to start the game apparently' date=' with unauthorized shin guards. About 3-5 min in, play was stopped, the player was seen leaving the field and changing his shin guards. A long discussion ensued and ended with the Cooper coach getting a yellow. My question is, isn't the ref supposed to check cleats and other equipment before the game?[/quote']

I don't think they have done formal check ins for years. I don't think it's made an issue until it becomes a bit ridiculous. But I don't know for sure. I remember being lined up when I played.

Relax. I think the refs do a fine job in our area. And I'll absolutely take them over the host of would-be refs in the stands and most in the technical area. Like Shankly, I just enjoy stirring the pot from time to time. Regarding off-sides he quipped "if a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain an advantage then he should be." He was just having fun. Me too.

I know but I always laugh when coaches and players make that sort of statement. Inherently they are always the ones that try to pull shady crap too.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.