Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4A #5 Hopkinsville vs. 3A Fort Campbell at Trigg County

Who wins? 3 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Hopkinsville
      100%
    • Fort Campbell
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The 2-0 Tigers will look to keep it rolling against local rival Fort Campbell this week, a rematch of last year's 50-7 drubbing by Hopkinsville. Hoptown's Jalen Johnson has thrown for 9 touchdowns in two games so far, with CJ Henangan posting 5 of those TD receptions in just 7 total catches. Meanwhile Fort Campbell's brutal schedule continues, which has already seen them play powers Mayfield and Russellville. They still have Christian County to walk into next week as well before they finally get to cool their heels. Will we see a repeat of last year's blowout?

The drubbing continues.....

Poor scheduling for the Tigers. Will it hurt them later on?

The drubbing continues.....

Poor scheduling for the Tigers. Will it hurt them later on?

 

I don't really understand why in every thread about Hopkinsville their " poor, easy , soft etc" schedule is always brought up? Does nobody realize that when this schedule was set up 3 years ago,

#1 graves had just beaten them by 60 points, graves went on to beat BG & advance to the state championship game ye Hoptown still wanted to play them

#2 Fort Campbell had just came off a 5 year run of great State Champ teams, Hoptown wanted to play them

#3 Murray had just played in 3 Region Champ games in a row & beat both Caldwell & Owb Catholic and had 2 D1 kids coming back yet Hoptown still wanted to play them

#4 CHRISTIAN co don't need to explain that game

#5 Madisonville had just beaten them by nearly 60 points & should have beaten Owensboro in the Region Champ game

So that makes 4 teams on their schedule that all made it to the region champ game in the year they set up their schedule

What I don't understand is do you think they (Hoptown) just predicted these schools would be going "down" in the next 2 year cycle so they set up themselves for those wins? If so their coach must be some kind of future teller then?

They seam to have worked hard in building up their program and people on here always try to put their kids down with this weak schedule excuse doesn't see, fair to those kids to me

The drubbing continues.....

Poor scheduling for the Tigers. Will it hurt them later on?

 

No.

Will we see a repeat of last year's blowout?

 

You betcha. This will be ugly.

I don't really understand why in every thread about Hopkinsville their " poor, easy , soft etc" schedule is always brought up? Does nobody realize that when this schedule was set up 3 years ago,

#1 graves had just beaten them by 60 points, graves went on to beat BG & advance to the state championship game ye Hoptown still wanted to play them

#2 Fort Campbell had just came off a 5 year run of great State Champ teams, Hoptown wanted to play them

#3 Murray had just played in 3 Region Champ games in a row & beat both Caldwell & Owb Catholic and had 2 D1 kids coming back yet Hoptown still wanted to play them

#4 CHRISTIAN co don't need to explain that game

#5 Madisonville had just beaten them by nearly 60 points & should have beaten Owensboro in the Region Champ game

So that makes 4 teams on their schedule that all made it to the region champ game in the year they set up their schedule

What I don't understand is do you think they (Hoptown) just predicted these schools would be going "down" in the next 2 year cycle so they set up themselves for those wins? If so their coach must be some kind of future teller then?

They seam to have worked hard in building up their program and people on here always try to put their kids down with this weak schedule excuse doesn't see, fair to those kids to me

No one has said any disparaging remarks about any Hopkinsville player or players to my knowledge on this site. If so, please produce it. No player makes a teams schedule. The coach and AD are in charge of that.

 

I did some research myself and this is what I found. Going back to the 2010 through 2012 seasons Hopkinsville won a total of 6 games (2010- won 3 games and 2012- won 3 games; they did not win any games in 2011). In 2013, they beat Greenwood, West Creek, Apollo and Ohio County. In 2014, they won 4 games (due to an ineligible player playing). Last year, they won 10 games.

 

My point, they were WAY down 6 years ago and scheduled "less difficult" (is that better) teams on their schedule and it has not stopped is what I'm saying.

 

I do not have any issue with Graves County, Christian County or their district teams (they have to play them), but the others are now obviously suspect.

 

West Creek, TN couldn't beat Hopkinsville when they were bad; how in the world can they beat them when they are now good. Does nothing for you.

Fort Campbell - if you are correct in scheduling them 3 years out would make that scheduled in 2014. Fort Campbell was 5-7 in 2013 and 3-8 the year they signed the contract in 2014. The writing was on the wall then that it would be an easy game.

Murray - I'm not going to beat on them too much as they have had some good teams in the recent past, although they are a 2A school and you are a 4A school, is fair to note.

Marshall County - was a 6A school and now a 5A school, but they haven't won 3 games since 2012, so I don't think a tough contest is what you're looking for out of them.

 

I am not anti-Hopkinsville; quite the contrary actually (have you read the Hopkinsville Section of the most recent Western Kentucky Power Rankings?) as I think they are likely the most underrated Top 10 4A team in the State, but their schedule is "less than difficult" and it could hurt them come playoff time. I hope not.

Hey Purple

In no way was I saying u said anything "bad" about their program at all! It was just late at night when I read the post & thought it was a good place to vent about it?

Yes they play some teams " on the decline" but I have a hard time believing those guys that set up schedule knew that was going to happen when they set it up? Also the FC games r part of a bowl game series at Trigg co , do they have any say about who they get to play in that series?

And yes I read all the western Ky stuff u do & it's always great & pretty dang accurate

Lexi

Hey Purple

In no way was I saying u said anything "bad" about their program at all! It was just late at night when I read the post & thought it was a good place to vent about it?

Yes they play some teams " on the decline" but I have a hard time believing those guys that set up schedule knew that was going to happen when they set it up? Also the FC games r part of a bowl game series at Trigg co , do they have any say about who they get to play in that series?

And yes I read all the western Ky stuff u do & it's always great & pretty dang accurate

Lexi

 

No worries here Lexi!:thumb:

 

Thinking on it some more; who would be a good opponent for Hopkinsville to schedule out of district?

 

Mayfield, Bowling Green, Owensboro - come to mind - maybe McCracken County? I wouldn't want to schedule all 3 for sure, but 1 definitely.

I thought about Franklin-Simpson, South Warren, Allen County Scottsville, but that is a slippery slope to schedule teams in your region considering you are likely to see them again in the playoffs. Some good and some bad perspectivies.

 

I don't blame you for venting! This is a great place for it!:)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.