Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals rookie Andrew Billings to have knee surgery this week

Featured Replies

The good news is, as Hobson notes, Billings' surgery is not definitely of the season-ending variety, and the Bengals are holding out hope that he may be able to return at some point this season. That's a good indicator that his injury isn't a torn ACL, which was the biggest fear when Billings went down with what looked like a serious knee injury during practice last week.

 

The actual injury has yet to be revealed nor has the extent of the damage, so it’s still very hard to project a timetable for when Billings could come back.

 

Bengals rookie Andrew Billings to have knee surgery this week - Cincy Jungle

I hate it for him, but at least the news isn't worse I suppose. I thought he was the steal of the draft frankly.

I heard Torn Meniscus

^NFL.com says torn meniscus

  • Author
I hate it for him, but at least the news isn't worse I suppose. I thought he was the steal of the draft frankly.

 

Definitely one of the Top 5 steals on paper, I agree doc.

 

Hopefully the young man gets healthy soon. I can see him coming back after week 6 or however the NFL does it now. PUP List?

Definitely one of the Top 5 steals on paper, I agree doc.

 

Hopefully the young man gets healthy soon. I can see him coming back after week 6 or however the NFL does it now. PUP List?

 

If it's a torn meniscus he may not even need to go on the PUP list. Cut that baby out & he'll be back in 4-6 weeks.

Definitely one of the Top 5 steals on paper, I agree doc.

 

Hopefully the young man gets healthy soon. I can see him coming back after week 6 or however the NFL does it now. PUP List?

Well the new rule allows them to designate differently. I imagine they'll wait closer to the season and post surgery to figure out how they want to assign that.
Well the new rule allows them to designate differently. I imagine they'll wait closer to the season and post surgery to figure out how they want to assign that.

 

I don't think Billings will need to go on the IR, PUP, or whatever list it is called. Sounds like the rookie CB will (Torn pec), unfortunately.

 

The change for designation purposes is that a team no longer has to designate one player as the player that can return mid-season before putting them on the IR/PUP list.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.