Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Male 3 McCracken County 1

Featured Replies

Hate to be that guy who says "I told you so" but I told you so!

 

Big upset to get the tourney started.

Wow. Long road for # 1 team to win it now.

  • Author

Yes, I won't be surprised if they get back to it, but it certainly shakes things up a bit. I still think Madisonville North-Hopkins is best team in the state.

#6 beating #1 is not a big upset. An unranked team, maybe. This was just two good teams playing and one won. I wouldn't call it a "big" upset.

Really hard to get back to finals after losing your first game. Too many games between now and Saturday afternoon. I agree that MNH should walk to finals of winners bracket at least.

One thing that makes it a little more possible is the deep pitching staff they have.

Do you think that because they beat #1 twice or do you have some inside information?

Opening round last three years for Male:

2014 -Defending State Champion Greenwood, 16-1 W, GW goes 0-2

2015 - Presumptive favorite #2 Mad-NoHop, 6-0 W, MNH goes 0-2

2016 - Defending State Champs, #1 McCracken, 3-1 W, McCracken goes ???

 

Estill County certainly hoping this pattern holds. :)

#6 beating #1 is not a big upset. An unranked team, maybe. This was just two good teams playing and one won. I wouldn't call it a "big" upset.

 

Ummmm, yes....I believe this is a big upset for a first round game. #1 now has to play out of the losers bracket and the entire mindset is changed. You have no cushion and no margin for error if you want to win it all. It puts everyone else who won their first round game in a one up position.

 

In a two out tournament, any first round loss is a big deal. A first round loss by the pre-tourney #1 gives every other winner from first round an advantage and puts the losing team in a one down position.

 

Good luck to McCracken....have to play up and out to win out.

Did McCracken come out of the losers bracket last year?

  • Author
Ummmm, yes....I believe this is a big upset for a first round game. #1 now has to play out of the losers bracket and the entire mindset is changed. You have no cushion and no margin for error if you want to win it all. It puts everyone else who won their first round game in a one up position.

 

In a two out tournament, any first round loss is a big deal. A first round loss by the pre-tourney #1 gives every other winner from first round an advantage and puts the losing team in a one down position.

 

Good luck to McCracken....have to play up and out to win out.

 

This was my thought process as well. Not saying that "no way Male could ever beat McCracken" but the fact that the overall #1 loses in first round and now has that long road to endure is a big upset.

I think that blown call in the first inning at the plate never got out of their heads.

Semantics I suppose. What you call a "big upset" I call a bad draw.

  • Author
Semantics I suppose. What you call a "big upset" I call a bad draw.

 

That's fair. It was surely no gimme opener, and I certainly thought Male could beat them or else I wouldn't have predicted it. You could have a Male/McCracken or Scott County/McCracken County in quarters of Losers bracket, right? or Semis?

Mustangs avenge the loss and knock Male out of the tournament. Gotta win 4 more tomorrow....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.