The 2K17 Cover Athlete is...

Paul George?

Paul George gets 'NBA 2K17' standard edition cover | Other Sports | Sporting News

Most importantly, it's not Kawhi Leonard. Dame or Russ would have been solid choices, which would be disrespectful to the MVP, and everyone knows there's talent in the west.

George will become just the third active Eastern Conference cover athlete in the last ten installments joining Derrick Rose, before the knee, and LeBron after back to back titles.

Jordan graced two covers and shared one with Magic and Larry when throwback was the wave.

Active players who got the cover before LeBron:

CP3, before the trade

KG, after the title

Kobe, between MVP seasons

Blake shared a cover, after being healthy for a season, with pre-MVP KD, and Rose.

Good for you, Paul George. You deserve it, pal.

I agree, but at the same time, MVPs are already established players with established brands, excluding Steph's first one. 2K is for the kids and it bodes well for both the NBA and 2K to market the other guys in the league who aren't receiving the recognition from casual fans in hopes of making them household names to rival the James' and Currys and Durants.

I agree, but at the same time, MVPs are already established players with established brands, excluding Steph's first one. 2K is for the kids and it bodes well for both the NBA and 2K to market the other guys in the league who aren't receiving the recognition from casual fans in hopes of making them household names to rival the James' and Currys and Durants.

Phhhhttttt, then they need to step and win the award.

I don't get your complaint. You say it shouldn't be household names but yet you mention Westbrook?

You want something more for casual fans, then George is a fine choice. He's from a team that doesn't get much recognition or national exposure but he's a great talent.

I don't get your complaint. You say it shouldn't be household names but yet you mention Westbrook?

You want something more for casual fans, then George is a fine choice. He's from a team that doesn't get much recognition or national exposure but he's a great talent.

Your second paragraph is what I was getting at, I just went the conspiracy route. There aren't many teams in the east that get a ton of national exposure, and I believe they did pick the second best player in the conference.

And I did mention Russ, as well as Dame, but no west PG other than Steph should have received the cover, regardless of the season they had.