BGP populist party

The replies here from the left have been nothing but an attempt to polarize issues. And conservatives have remained quiet or disinterested. The idea of the thread was to explore a middle ground, a moderate ground, a populist ground. Not the edges of ideology. I have failed. Somebody just close the thread.

I think the problem with your platform is that it doesn't break any new ground. What I'm specifically referring to is the exclusions. People that don't want to work make up a small percentage of the population and have no real political voice since they rarely vote. Freedom of religion is already constitutionally protected and nothing new. People who are here illegally don't have the right to vote and also have no real political voice. People who break the law are felons and have already lost the right to vote and have no political voice. Nothing new. What is there that's so middle of the road to attract moderates from either side?? And as soon as you mention that you feel gays are wrong, your platform swings way right, and you lose any chance of attracting any of the middle ground from the left.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic