Local Soccer Teams

Usually by this time of year we are inundated with analysis of the local soccer teams and who has a chance to make a run at State, Regional and/or Nationals. So with that said, who are some of the teams out there that are having good seasons thus far and who are the members of those teams. Also what league are they participating in and what State Cup will they be participating in?

KHA Red U17 girls just won the MRL again yesterday. After losing their 1st MRL game they won 8 straight scoring 20 goals and only giving up 3. Winning the MRL puts them back in the National League next season for the 3rd straight year! Also gives them a birth too the Regionals in Indy in June. They are playing in the Ohio State Cup this weekend. Best of luck to them going forward!

Ky girls (hope I don't leave anyone out)

Sarah Schu- ND

Macey Trainter-ND

Harper Lamb-ND

Christin Sherrard-ND

Sidney Spivey-ND

Maria Schilling-Beechwood

Payton Black-Boone Co

Hannah Poe-Ryle

Shannon Eaton-Highlands

KHA Red U17 girls just won the MRL again yesterday. After losing their 1st MRL game they won 8 straight scoring 20 goals and only giving up 3. Winning the MRL puts them back in the National League next season for the 3rd straight year! Also gives them a birth too the Regionals in Indy in June. They are playing in the Ohio State Cup this weekend. Best of luck to them going forward!

Sarah Schu- ND

Macey Trainter-ND

Harper Lamb-ND

Christin Sherrard-ND

Sidney Spivey-ND

Payton Black-Boone Co

Hannah Poe-Ryle

Shannon Eaton-Highlands

Who coaches this team? Isn't this the team that was coached by Roby Stahl way back in the day?

Sarah Schu- ND

Macey Trainter-ND

Harper Lamb-ND

Christin Sherrard-ND

Sidney Spivey-ND

Payton Black-Boone Co

Hannah Poe-Ryle

Shannon Eaton-Highlands

I've seen this team play. Well coached.

Sarah Schu- ND

Macey Trainter-ND

Harper Lamb-ND

Christin Sherrard-ND

Sidney Spivey-ND

Payton Black-Boone Co

Hannah Poe-Ryle

Shannon Eaton-Highlands

My guess is NDA is the overwhelming favorite to win the 9th region, which would make 5 in a row!

Good luck to the entire KHA U17 red team in the OS State Cup and Regionals in June.

Got to watch this game. Great job by the KHA girls for playing hard after falling behind 1-0 early. Great to see Christin Sherrard (NDA) back on the pitch. She scored 2 goals! KHA lost their center def to Red card and managed to play keep away well enough the last 20+ min of the 2nd half for a 3-1 win! Good luck @ Regionals ladies.