Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Toughest schedules?

Featured Replies

Who do you think has the toughest throughout the state this year?

I'm going to vote for Lawrence County.

Southwestern has a tough schedule also.

Trinity, St. X, Scott Co., Lex. Cath., Dunbar all have tough schedules.

Manual has a tough schedule: Brentwood Academy (TN), #2 Trinity, #7 Warren Central, #3 St Xavier, #4 PRP, #1 Male.

I would imagine the teams that had the hardest schedules last year would again have difficult schedules this year. Last years top 10 toughest schedules were:

 

1) St. X

2) CovCath

3) Trinity

4) Manual

5) Highlands

6) Fern Creek

7) Boone

8) Henry Clay

9) Ryle

10) Dunbar

 

 

4 from Louisville, 4 from NKY, and 2 from Lexington.

 

The Top 50 from 2005

Dixie's looks pretty tough this year playing Highlands, Beechwood, and CovCath before district play.

 

CovCath's looks pretty brutal though. Boone County, Dixie, NCC, Beechwood, two Cincinnati GCL teams, and Bishop Watterson.

If someone has a more difficult schedule than St. X, I would like to see it...

If someone has a more difficult schedule than St. X, I would like to see it...

 

You have an excellent point. Bowling Green, Lex Catch, Highlands, Trinity, Manual, PRP, Male. Pretty stout. It's a good thing the Tigers are 3 and 4 deep at every position.

If someone has a more difficult schedule than St. X, I would like to see it...

 

Louisville St. X does have a tough schedule, but I am sticking with CovCath as having the toughest schedule. They definitely have the toughest out of district schedule. That is pretty much secure by them playing Cincy St. X and Elder this year, to go with the other out of district teams they have scheduled.

HIGHLANDS

 

ELDER

LOUISVILLE ST. XAVIER

COLUMBUS ST. FRANCIS DE SALES

COVINGTON CATHOLIC

Saint X's is definitely tough, but I think I'll have to go with CovCath. They play Cincy Elder, Cincy Saint X, Columbus Watterson (wow!!!!) and of course Highlands. Also, consider RELATIVE strengths of schedule. In terms of student size/roster size, Saint X is much more favorably matched with its opponents than CCH is, given that CCH is not really that large of a school.

Saint X's is definitely tough, but I think I'll have to go with CovCath. They play Cincy Elder, Cincy Saint X, Columbus Watterson (wow!!!!) and of course Highlands. Also, consider RELATIVE strengths of schedule. In terms of student size/roster size, Saint X is much more favorably matched with its opponents than CCH is, given that CCH is not really that large of a school.

 

Whew!!! That would be a rugged schedule regardless of the size of the student body. Your point is well taken; the lower the enrollment of the school, the more difficult it is to compete. I wasn't aware that anyone in the state played a schedule more difficult than that of St. X. It appears that both Covington Catholic and St. X. duck no opponent and if possible go out of their way to build a rugged schedule. It is my belief that St. X. plays in the most difficult district in Kentucky high school football. In addition to St. X., the district features Male, Manual, PRP, Butler, and an improving Iroquois.

Out of district,the Tigers meet archrival Trinity, rugged Fern Creek,and 3A powers Highlands, Lexington Catholic and Bowling Green. However,they do not meet the Ohio powers that Covington Catholic has on its schedule. By the way, I would argue that Butler, Manual, and Iroquois have a rougher road than PRP, Male or St. X. in the district because they have to play this year's "Big Three" and PRP, Male or St. X. has only the play two of the "Big Three".:D

Excluding themselves, St. X. plays the top three teams in 4A and either the top two or three teams in 3A. I believe everyone can agree that this is an extremely impressive schedule.

Somerset:

Franklin Co.

Southwestern

Danville

A couple of improved teams in the district as well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.