Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals kick the tires on veteran wideout Hakeem Nicks

Featured Replies

Think you're taking my comments wrong and if I typed it wrong, my apology. I know they wanted Jones back and made a nice offer for sure. To keep him however, they were going to have to overpay because of his desire to be a 1. They were not going to overpay though. I think ultimately they'd overpay for Eifert over jones. Eifert is a rarer commodity than Jones. I do worry however about Green staying healthy and Eifert for that matter. Also, I'm still not sold on Green's ability in big games. He sure has games where there is little production.

 

The Lions offered Jones number 1 money like the Lions did. So the Bengals were more than willing to pay Jones top money to be the number 2 wr and 3Rd passing option. Most times you never see a player leave a winning team that drafted him if that team at least matches what others would offer him. I think the Bengals fully believed once they matched the Lions offer that he wouldn't leave.

 

I think you are reading way to much into things. I don't think Eifert even crossed their mind in their negotiations because his negotiations wouldn't have effected Eifert. His negotiations would have only effected their ability to bring some defensive players back. If they sign Jones they may not sign one or two of the defensive players. However would have spent around the same amount total that they have this off season. Eifert played nothing into it. The Bengals offering to match the 8 million a year was them willing to overspend to keep him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.