2016 Ninth Region

Sandman-

One impact athlete you failed to mention who will compete for a varsity MB starting spot is Shannon Gormally. She is playing 15-1 at Elevation

Sorry, I knew Shannon was playing at Elevation but it it slipped my mind. When I went to their website and started looking for players I wasn't able to positively identify them because they only list the girls names on their teams and no information about where their from. As far as the girls on the 15-1's go I somehow missed that entirely. Didn't mean to slight anyone.

also missing from NKYVC

15-3

Mackenzie Kingerski MH|OH|RS 5' 7" 2019 9'

Ashley Bales S|OH 5' 6" 2019 9'

Madison McCauley MH|OH|RS 5' 8" 2019 8'11

15-4

Andrea Skubak L 5' 2" 2019

Edited by Sandman32

Region 9 the past 10 years...

2015 NDA

2014 NDA

2013 NDA

2012 NDA

2011 NDA

2010 St. Henry

2009 NDA

2008 NDA

2007 NDA

2006 St. Henry

A public school just isn't going to win the 9th Region (or the 6th or 7th FYI) NDA finished last year ranked 20th in the Nation - I'm sure they can handle the 9th Region. The Varsity starters will all have big game experience in club and HS. Is NDA as good as the Louisville schools? Maybe not, but isn't that the question every year for NDA? NDA is the only team in the 9th playing on a national level.

In 2010 it took an exceptional St. Henry team with college players Flood, Bessler, Fortner, Gurren, Ward, Knaley, and others to stop what could have been a 9 year run for NDA. Anyone see a team like that in 2016 to stop NDA? I don't.

I will concede that on paper and probably in reality NDA will win the 9th. Beechwood probably will have the best shot and they are in their district. St, Henry will be alright but I don't see them deep enough. Cooper has talent but I'm not sure they can overcome the setter and coaching issues. Ryle seems to have chemistry issues and I heard one of their big outsides from last year is no longer playing. (She's not playing club at the very least.) Scott is not as good as last year. Conner has some talent but a new coach. NCC will ride Rachel as far as she can take them. I'm not sure who else could possibly put together a lineup to compete with them.

• 3 months later...

Boone County, Cooper, NCC & Ryle made the championship bracket of the Bluegrass State Games. Cooper gets a first round bye along with Henry Clay implying they are the overall #1 or #2 seed. Matches start at 1:00PM today at KBA in Lexington.

Beechwood, Campbell County & Simon Kenton made Flight 2.

Highlands & Walton-Verona made Flight 3.

Holy Cross is in Flight 4.

Bishop Brossart is in Flight 8.

Volleyball – High School – Bluegrass State Games