Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Planck vs Jordan

Featured Replies

Just saw they won on a walk off in the 8th.

 

My fault. It was the 8th. Thanks.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PBR says Planck hit 96 in the first. Sat around 92-94.

 

Jordan was in the 88-92 range.

 

Jordan pitched 6. 1 H 10 K

 

Plank 6 IP 3 H 12 K

 

Last year at Greenup , 2 different guns . Plank was topping out at 90. Now up to 95-96 huge jump in a year. Sure it wasn't Jordan at 95-96 , I know people who have seen him hit that high. ? Both good numbers for game, but should. Both teams don't have the hitters, for that pitching.

Last year at Greenup ' date=' 2 different guns . Plank was topping out at 90. Now up to 95-96 huge jump in a year. Sure it wasn't Jordan at 95-96 , I know people who have seen him hit that high. ? Both good numbers for game, but should. Both teams don't have the hitters, for that pitching.[/quote']

 

Per PBR KY

Per PBR KY
thanks, Just from what I`ve seen and herd . Ben is the harder thrower , with more command , and off speed. Last year vs Greenup Plank was avg about 88, top 90. and got hit pretty hard. Could have been a off day. My understanding Jordan is more complete , but both are very good. 2 big time pitchers., who have a chance at being drafted some day. Good luck and healthy arms to both .
  • Author

Planck was 91-93 at the PBR Super 60 in early February so 92-94 would seem to fit with that.

In last years regional tourney at Greenup Plank was 90 in the first and still 90 in the 6th. Jordan was 86-88. From watching both live Plank has a little more velocity Jordan is a more complete pitcher. Another thing for Jordan is his length. His release point is probably over a foot closer to the plate than Plank which makes up for the 2-4 mph velocity difference. I believe both get drafted out of high school. Plank is a senior Jordan is a junior.

In last years regional tourney at Greenup Plank was 90 in the first and still 90 in the 6th. Jordan was 86-88. From watching both live Plank has a little more velocity Jordan is a more complete pitcher. Another thing for Jordan is his length. His release point is probably over a foot closer to the plate than Plank which makes up for the 2-4 mph velocity difference. I believe both get drafted out of high school. Plank is a senior Jordan is a junior.
Jordan was still coming back from ankle basketball, I think that hurt his fastball. Him and Greenup`s catcher Brody Shoupe ( Morehead commit ) played on same summer team, and said Jordan was lights out all summer. for KBC . Like I said good luck to both.
Jordan was still coming back from ankle basketball, I think that hurt his fastball. Him and Greenup`s catcher Brody Shoupe ( Morehead commit ) played on same summer team, and said Jordan was lights out all summer. for KBC . Like I said good luck to both.

 

True. He had a time getting over his ankle injury. Ben is a great player and GREAT kid. Wish they would have won but glad he made a nice showing in this showdown.

I would say Don't worry about Ben. I figure he is going to have a tough decision to make in a about 15 months.

I would say Don't worry about Ben. I figure he is going to have a tough decision to make in a about 15 months.
I see him being a 1st or 2nd round pick. Later than that , I think he should go to College. Witch from what I hear he has his choice of about any school, a place like Vandy would be great form him. They have had a lot of top pitching Draft picks lately .

Jordan is at an Area Code Games tryout today. Hitting 97.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.