Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What are the rules of engagement for the "carry concealed citizens" among us?

Featured Replies

I do not carry, but I would like to think it would be the absolute last alternative in a situation. I think everyone pretty much has this mindset, the lines are just blurred as to what constitutes this "last alternative." Not everyone's senses are the same so (perceived) threats resonate with us all differently. Temperaments vary and judgement to situations is different in us all. Survival instinct kicks in at different moments. It is the same reason you hear about guys that have been in X amount of fights in their lives. I have been in 0 fights and have never been close to blows with others.

 

Now saying the above, it may be reason to pack a gun. :lol2: Too many variables for me.

Not going to shoot first and ask questions later.

 

I'll ask questions first. With my weapon in the cover position. Then it will play out from there. I can only use deadly force if my life or another's life is in danger.

 

I may be prosecuted depending on the prosecutor. If I only use deadly force when I can, I am covered.

 

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

 

My instructor recommended if you ever have to use your gun, empty it. I mentioned that line to a buddy of mine who is a judge and has his permit. His response was "I'd rather be on trial for shooting someone versus being on trail for killing someone.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.