Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GRC vs. Tates Creek

Featured Replies

How does everybody see this one going? GRC blew them out last year and GRC has most of its team back. How good will Tates Creek be this year?

The Creek will be a little better this year, but I am not expecting much. They have a really nice running back named Ty Sparks (1st team all city as a soph.) It pains me to say this, but I see Clark winning in the 35-14 range.

Do know that the new QB for GRC is looking good so far...how he will react in a game situtation just takes experience..which he has none at varsity level...didn't even play football last year. Just will take some games under his belt.I can see GRC improving with each game. The team we see against TC, I don't feel will be the team by playoffs.

Do know that the new QB for GRC is looking good so far...how he will react in a game situtation just takes experience..which he has none at varsity level...didn't even play football last year. Just will take some games under his belt.I can see GRC improving with each game. The team we see against TC, I don't feel will be the team by playoffs.

GRC, QB will be fine, his experience is about the same as Henry Hudson had last year.

The Creek will be a little better this year, but I am not expecting much. They have a really nice running back named Ty Sparks (1st team all city as a soph.) It pains me to say this, but I see Clark winning in the 35-14 range.

Ty, had a 300 + game last year as a soph.

Tates Creek may be a suprise regional contender this year. They return all starters on their offensive line and traditionally when that has happened, they have been very tough to deal with for 4 quarters. They will be bigger stronger and faster and will be out with something to prove in a major way. GRC might wanna look at them as more of a quality opponent than they faced a year ago.

I think TC vs GRC will be a good game.

Tates Creek may be a suprise regional contender this year. They return all starters on their offensive line and traditionally when that has happened, they have been very tough to deal with for 4 quarters. They will be bigger stronger and faster and will be out with something to prove in a major way. GRC might wanna look at them as more of a quality opponent than they faced a year ago.

GRC, was looking at them last year as a quality opponent. They always look at Tates Creek, as a tough team to play.

Tates Creek and GRC are big out of conference rivals, especially since GRC has finally won a couple in the series.I look at the Tates Creek of today and they just don't compare to the teams I played on, they are way smaller upfront, and overall interest in the program has waned at the high school since I was there. TC used to have a tough aura that surrounded them, we were physical and hit people in the mouth. I don't think there is the same level of intensity there as when I wasa there. That being said, i think it's time TC diversified their offense and integrated the pass a little more. This year Tates Creek has several other talented players coming back. The best outside of Ty Sparks are OL/DL Caleb Barnes (6'2 255) and LB/FB Alan Meadors (6'0 200), along with OL/DL Kyle Bryant (6'2 340)

Tates Creek and GRC are big out of conference rivals, especially since GRC has finally won a couple in the series.I look at the Tates Creek of today and they just don't compare to the teams I played on, they are way smaller upfront, and overall interest in the program has waned at the high school since I was there. TC used to have a tough aura that surrounded them, we were physical and hit people in the mouth. I don't think there is the same level of intensity there as when I wasa there. That being said, i think it's time TC diversified their offense and integrated the pass a little more. This year Tates Creek has several other talented players coming back. The best outside of Ty Sparks are OL/DL Caleb Barnes (6'2 255) and LB/FB Alan Meadors (6'0 200), along with OL/DL Kyle Bryant (6'2 340)

Mr. Roy Walton, Mr intensity, had to be the coach of the teams you played on.

Mr. Roy Walton, Mr intensity, had to be the coach of the teams you played on.

 

I said intense, not crazy:jump: (just kidding). I love coach Walton, however, he probably would have eaten me alive. I played during the Joe Ruddell tenure.

Coach Joe Ruddell, would that be the year that TC, beat down Trinity.

Yes, I had the honor of being part of four straight regional championship teams, and that was one of them, however this was the only year we made it to the finals.

I was at that game, I recall seeing a big back for TC, with cat like speed.

We had a lot of nice backs on that team.Our main ballcarriers were Mian Smith and Greg Baltimore. I wouldn't classify those guys as being that big however we did have Anthony "Heavy" Jones, Devin Neal and John Clay who were definitely plus-sized backs, all with execellent speed.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.