December 4, 201510 yr “In support of our shared commitment to player health and safety, the NFL and NFL Players Association jointly retained a third-party company to design and administer to all NFL players a survey asking their opinions and experiences on a wide range of health and safety-related topics,” the league and union said in a joint statement. “Each response will be maintained in the strictest confidence, and the overall results will remain confidential. The parties will use the results to identify areas that are working well and those in need of improvement. Where appropriate selected data may be shared with the teams’ medical staffs. This exercise is required by the parties’ 2011 Collective Bargaining Agreement.” NFL players will be surveyed privately on health and safety | ProFootballTalk
December 4, 201510 yr Author About time! This is why Evil Empires (in this case the NFL) need to be exposed. Players have been disposable parts for the NFL, it is ALL about the money. Oh, I will keep watching.
December 4, 201510 yr About time! This is why Evil Empires (in this case the NFL) need to be exposed. Players have been disposable parts for the NFL, it is ALL about the money. Oh, I will keep watching. To be fair, no one forces players to play in the NFL and they're compensated very well for doing so.
December 4, 201510 yr Author To be fair, no one forces players to play in the NFL and they're compensated very well for doing so. Yes and No. If the NFL has been hiding ANY metrics at all that relate to player safety then the NFL is negligent for the lack of long term health care benefits for former players. And that is just the tip of the iceberg. I think the NFL is treading dangerously close to needing Government Intervention. That was hard to say. I will still watch.
December 5, 201510 yr Is it really up to the NFL to take care of individual players, or is it up to the team? I'm not familiar with how that works.
December 5, 201510 yr Yes and No. If the NFL has been hiding ANY metrics at all that relate to player safety then the NFL is negligent for the lack of long term health care benefits for former players. And that is just the tip of the iceberg. I think the NFL is treading dangerously close to needing Government Intervention. That was hard to say. I will still watch. You honestly think getting the government involved would be the answer?
December 5, 201510 yr You honestly think getting the government involved would be the answer? In its current state, getting the government involved is a terrible idea.
December 5, 201510 yr In its current state, getting the government involved is a terrible idea. Agreed. It would just let more corrupt people get involved.
December 5, 201510 yr Author You honestly think getting the government involved would be the answer? I said it was hard to say.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.