Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MBA

Featured Replies

Their offense is methodical, the like to run it but they can pass very effectively when they want to. Their defense is tough, but that is about all I remember about it.

 

Do you all play them at MBA or at home?

  • Author
Their offense is methodical, the like to run it but they can pass very effectively when they want to. Their defense is tough, but that is about all I remember about it.

 

Do you all play them at MBA or at home?

 

We're at home. Is it pro-style, smashmouth, or like yours, spread. What is their defensive formation, base?

We're at home. Is it pro-style, smashmouth, or like yours, spread. What is their defensive formation, base?

 

I would say more prostyle than smashmouth or spread because they struck me over the years as very very balanced on offense. Defensively I really am not sure I didn't look that closely at it.They have some great size on their lines and the team itself has excellent speed.

 

The reason I asked about the location of the game is because they are very very tough at home. Both years we have gone down there we lost 17-13, the year they came up here we won 35-7. I just hope they aren't travelled out by the time they come to Trinity.

 

Don't injure them too much boys. :thumb:

  • Author

Were they faster than your guys? Did they cover recievers well?

Were they faster than your guys? Did they cover recievers well?

 

 

They were not faster than our guys that I really noticed, but they got good penetration on the lines so Nick didn't have as much time to throw.

  • Author
They were not faster than our guys that I really noticed, but they got good penetration on the lines so Nick didn't have as much time to throw.

 

Blitzing LB's or did they beat you up front?

Blitzing LB's or did they beat you up front?

 

 

Been almost a year for me not 100% sure which, check with RP on that one.

They bring a backer it seems like on every down. The first time the Rocks played them they had a LB that timed his rush perfectly to arrive at the LOS at the snap of the ball. I would have thought the Rocks could have adjusted to catch him, but it never happened. Very disruptive. That year they had a very talented team with a few D1 seniors. At Trinity they were really young and the Rocks had them on their heels the whole night, sophmore QB in his first start (tough way to break in Eh?). Last year they had a much better running attack than Trinity had D-line at that point.I seem to remember they used a TE quite a bit. They will be prepared and disciplined. They will have scouted you thoughly. BTW, Rutledge is a class guy with a very competent staff. Good luck.:thumb:

  • Author
They bring a backer it seems like on every down. The first time the Rocks played them they had a LB that timed his rush perfectly to arrive at the LOS at the snap of the ball. I would have thought the Rocks could have adjusted to catch him, but it never happened. Very disruptive. That year they had a very talented team with a few D1 seniors. At Trinity they were really young and the Rocks had them on their heels the whole night, sophmore QB in his first start (tough way to break in Eh?). Last year they had a much better running attack than Trinity had D-line at that point.I seem to remember they used a TE quite a bit. They will be prepared and disciplined. They will have scouted you thoughly. BTW, Rutledge is a class guy with a very competent staff. Good luck.:thumb:

 

What defensive formation did they seem to use the most? It's really hard to scout Hensley's offense, especially if he has alot of speed in it. The center and guards are the key, as well as the QB's eyes. To beat a Trinity team, I can almost imagine how detailed the coaching staff must be. Do they dress as many as you?

What defensive formation did they seem to use the most? It's really hard to scout Hensley's offense, especially if he has alot of speed in it. The center and guards are the key, as well as the QB's eyes. To beat a Trinity team, I can almost imagine how detailed the coaching staff must be. Do they dress as many as you?

 

Gosh dang do you want to borrow a film, it would be more helpful lol ;)

They run a base 50 on defense. They are more smash-mouth on offense and like to mix in the pass.

What defensive formation did they seem to use the most? It's really hard to scout Hensley's offense, especially if he has alot of speed in it. The center and guards are the key, as well as the QB's eyes. To beat a Trinity team, I can almost imagine how detailed the coaching staff must be. Do they dress as many as you?

They don't dress as many as the Rocks, although they dress quite a few with an enrollment of under a thousand I think. They will be in shape and go hard every down. They play smart and don't hurt themselves with a bunch of mistakes.

They bring a backer it seems like on every down. The first time the Rocks played them they had a LB that timed his rush perfectly to arrive at the LOS at the snap of the ball. I would have thought the Rocks could have adjusted to catch him, but it never happened. Very disruptive. That year they had a very talented team with a few D1 seniors. At Trinity they were really young and the Rocks had them on their heels the whole night, sophmore QB in his first start (tough way to break in Eh?). Last year they had a much better running attack than Trinity had D-line at that point.I seem to remember they used a TE quite a bit. They will be prepared and disciplined. They will have scouted you thoughly. BTW, Rutledge is a class guy with a very competent staff. Good luck.:thumb:

Hey ......It was a corner blitz that they were using ! He was in Brohms' face after 1 step!......Still , it was a game that Trinity should have won blowing 3 chances inside the 10,going for 6 instead of the sure 3 . I remember Matt Brady intercepting a pass &returning it 40 yards and the offense went 3 and out . I also remember a sideline pass getting picked by MBA and Brian Brohm chasing the kid down from behind after he had about a 25 yard head start on him. MBA was tiring in the 4th qtr., thats when the flag kept going their way.Still , it was the start of a great series that is very entertaining and played hard by both teams. I hope it continues forever. Beatty vs. Rutledge has a legendary ring to it !

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.