Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 2 Ryle 0

Featured Replies

Final from Union

I already thought that anyone could come out on top in the 33rd District Tourney this year but I am surprised by this result since it was played at Ryle.

My son came home and reported the win for Boone. Scoring by Mohamed Yekatom off a free kick by Brock within the first 5 min. of the game. Abdul Ajwa scored for Boone in the second half.

 

Unfortunately, I could not be at this match.

 

My son indicated that Kareem El-Gusein may be the best front line player he's faced this year. He has good touch on the ball, excellent vision, is strong enough to hold defenders off of him, traps the ball away from the defender, and has good pace. He is a complete player.

 

Boone defense played very well most of the game. Ryle plays a lot of 1-2 combinations to get the ball in the box. They had most success at this near the end of the first half. Espinoza in goal for Boone played well but didn't have to make a lot of saves.

 

Brock possessed well in mid and distributed the ball leading to pressure on Ryle's defense.

 

This is my son's report. I'd like to hear from others who were there--Boone or Ryle fans.

 

I believe Boone will face Ryle first up at Districts next week.

Great result for Boone. It'll be interesting to see if Ryle can rebound against McNick tomorrow night.

 

I thought Kareem looked very good way back at Soccerama. He only has 3 goals and 4 assists so far this season. I'd expect him to be on the stats sheet a bit more often. Has he been hurt or not playing for some reason?

I am not sure about Kareem's injury status this year. Keep in mind that was one game against Boone that prompted my son to make that judgment. Could have been Kareem's best game all season.

 

I remember when Kareem was about 11-12 he was the best dribbler I had seen at that age. Had great pace then. Played rec ball with my son and then against my son.

Nice win, Rebels!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.