Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

14th region matchups

Featured Replies

Powell vs Breathitt

Perry Central vs Knott Central

Wolfe vs Lee

LCC vs Leslie

 

I'm not sure on the times.

Powell vs Breathitt

Perry Central vs Knott Central

Wolfe vs Lee

LCC vs Leslie

 

I'm not sure on the times.

Here's my prediction.

 

Powell and Perry in the upper bracket semifinal.

Lee and Leslie in the bottom bracket.

Powell and Lee in the championship game.

Lee wins the region.

which teams are in the same bracket.

 

Bracket 1

Powell vs Breathitt

Perry vs Knott

 

Bracket 2

Wolfe vs Lee

Letcher vs Leslie

My Predictions

 

Powell & Perry in top bracket

Lee & Leslie in bottom bracket

Powell & Leslie in championship game

Leslie wins 14th Region Tourrnament

Teams in Regular Season & District Play

 

Powell vs Breathitt - Not Played

 

PCC vs Knott - Played Twice/ Knott won on March 31 by the score of 6-0 & Perry won on May 4 by the score of 4-1

 

Wolfe vs Lee - Not played

 

Letcher vs Leslie - Leslie won the only matchup between the two by the score of 5-1 on May 13.

 

I know all this doesn't mean to much when it comes to post-season play but I thought I would see how each team has done against one another.

Anyone know who is pitching for each of the teams in these match-ups?

Teams vs The Rest of The Field

 

Powell -0-1 vs PCC / 1-0 vs Knott / 1-0 vs Letcher /1-0 vs Wolfe /2-1 vs Lee ---(5-2 overall)

 

Breathitt - 0-1 vs Knott / 0-1 vs Letcher / 1-2 vs Wolfe ---(1-4 overall)

 

PCC - 1-1 vs Knott / 1-2 vs Leslie / 1-0 vs Letcher / 0-1 vs Lee ---(3-4 overall)

 

Knott - 0-1 vs Powell / 1-0 vs Breathitt / 1-1 vs PCC / 0-2 vs Leslie / 0-3 vs Letcher / 1-1 vs Wolfe ---(3-8 overall)

 

Leslie - 2-1 vs PCC / 2-0 vs Knott / 1-1 vs Lee ---(5-2 overall)

 

Letcher - 0-1 vs vs Powell / 1-0 vs Breathitt / 0-1 vs PCC / 3-0 vs Knott / 0-1 vs Lee --(4-3 overall)

 

Wolfe - 0-1 vs Powell / 1-1 vs Knott / 2-1 vs Breathitt ---(3-3 overall)

 

Lee - 1-2 vs Powell / 1-0 vs PCC / 1-1 vs Leslie / 1-0 vs Letcher ---(4-3 overall)

 

Final Records (Before Region Tournament)

Leslie 25-4

Powell 20-12

PCC 19-11

Letcher 18-13

Lee 16-6

Knott 12-20

Wolfe 10-9

Breathitt 8-15

I think this draw definitely favors Powell and Perry. I guess they earned this draw by winning the tough 54th and 56th districts. I don't think a team from the 53rd of 55th has played in the championship game in 7 or 8 years. Leslie got the toughest draw. Going into district play many, including me, thought they were the favorites to win it all, but the upset victory by PCC has put them in a tight spot. They will not be able to overlook Letcher like they did Buckhorn in the 54th tourny. If they do, they could get knocked off in the 1st round. If they get by Letcher, they will more than likely get Lee, but Wolfe with Stamper on the hill can beat them, and Lee got upset in a similar game last year vs. Knott. While I know Leslie has a deep staff, I don't know if they have enough to beat 3 quality teams in 3 days. With all this being said, I think Powell will shake off the demons and bring home the trophy.

I'll agree Leslie has a tough draw, but I believe that they have the offense and defense to win the region. Even though they have played subpar lately the Eagles willcome ready to play the way the can. Lets not forget that they have been without three starters for three of the last four weeks. I believe Leslie will win the region.:thumb:

The obvious advantage does go to Perry & Powell, but they both should watch for Leslie, Leslie has a great pitching staff and a very good offense, i'm going to lean toward Powell though with the home field advantage, and crowd support, Powell should end up Champs...

Looks like Powell has the path already paved! However, PCC is a different ball club come tournament time, so don't overlook them that much. They are the regional championship defenders!

Does anyone have any results of today's games?

Powell won 10-0 over Breathitt

Leslie over Letcher 11-1

PCC 7 Knox Central 2

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.